Full-Time $10K SIGN ON- PACU Nurse Manager
The surgical center located in Orange, CA is a member of Surgical Care Affiliates (SCA), one of the largest outpatient surgical care providers in the United States. We are conveniently located near all major freeways and surface streets. Our patients enjoy free parking, an efficient and friendly registration process, and are discharged home the same day. This surgical center is a 5 OR, 1 Procedure room facility. The Center is Medicare-certified and is fully accredited by the Joint Commission, the same agency that surveys hospital outpatient departments for quality and safety.
The PACU Charge Nurse is responsible for all aspects of nursing care delivery in the PACU units. As a Registered Nurse, the Charge Nurse is also responsible for assessing, planning, implementing and coordinating patient care from admission to discharge. Ambulatory Nurses at SCA enjoy nights and weekends off, paid holidays off, and no on call.
Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to correlate clinical data with patient’s medical and nursing care while recognizing legal and policy limits of individual practice.
- Ability to provide direction to others that is clear, concise and promotes efficiency throughout the clinical areas of the facility.
- Ability to communicate well with patients, families, Teammates, physicians, other healthcare workers, etc.
- A current California state nursing license
- At least 2 years of experience in ambulatory surgery nursing preferred
- At least 2 to 5 years of nursing and management experience in a hospital or ambulatory surgery center is desired.
- Successful completion of Basic Life Support (BLS)/Basic Cardiac Life Support (BCLS) within 60 days of employment or documentation of current BLS/BCLS certification.
- Successful completion of ACLS Course within 60 days of employment or documentation of current ACLS certification.
- Successful completion of PALS Course within 60 days of employment or documentation or current PALS certification.
SCA owns and/or provides management services to 205 ambulatory surgery centers, surgical hospitals, and hospital surgery departments, in partnership with approximately 2,800 physicians and in affiliation with 105 health systems. SCA’s clinical systems, service line growth strategies, benchmarking processes, and efficiency programs create measurable advantage for surgical facilities – clinically, operationally, and financially. For more information on SCA, visit www.scasurgery.com.