Full-Time Assistant Manager Family Care Coordinator Program-Vascular
Primarily responsible for daily oversight, mentoring, education, and evaluation of Family Care Coordinators and other assigned staff while working within established LifeLink Foundation, OPO, and regulating agency policies and protocols. Coordinates the orientation of new Family Care and Transplant Coordinators to ensure the process is efficient and comprehensive. Mentors new coordinator staff through one-on-one interactions, frequent meetings and through collaboration with the Recovery Services Manager. Coordinates opportunities for authorization or donor designation in pursuit of maximizing the number of organs recovered and transplanted. Maintains clinical skills and will function as a Family Care Coordinator.
- Guides assigned staff toward accomplishment of LifeLink’s mission and goals; including selection, training and development, scheduling and job assignment, coaching and counseling, appraisal and recognition, and recommending promotional and disciplinary status:
Directs work planning: approves call schedules, vacation requests, expense reports, etc., to ensure adequate staff and adherence to policies, as directed by Manager of Family Care Program.
Participates in hiring through screening resumes and conducting interviews.
Serves as mentor to new staff by coordinating and participating in classroom orientation and regular meetings to assess progress and meets documentation deadlines.
Monitors the need for the Peer Assist Program and offers assistance with challenging end of life conversations or objection to donor designation.
May participate in mid-year and annual performance appraisals of assigned staff in collaboration with Manager of Family Care Program.
- Has the ability to perform all responsibilities of a Family Care Coordnator and will participate in the call schedule.
- Possesses knowledge of medical and legal principles of potential donor evaluation, authorization / discloure of First Person Authorization, management, and serve as a resource and mentor to newer coordinators.
- Serves as a backup to the Manager of Family Care Program.
- Participates in the development, implementation and training on policies and procedures relating to donor identification, authorization, disclosure and management.
- Supervises, evaluates and assists in the development of Core Competencies for the department and oversees their implementation on an annual and as needed basis.
- Works closely with the Director and Manager of QA/PI, Manager of Family Care Program and OPO Director(s) to collaboratively design and implement projects (e.g. PDSA’s) to measure performance and implement innovative and effective performance improvement methods and tools to drive key organizational goals.
- BSN, RN or PA or equivalent. Four years’ experience as a Family Care Coordinator, other OPO experience, experience in critical care nursing or other positions with similar responsibilities. Previous supervisory experience preferred.
- Strong organizational, problem analysis and decision-making skills. Demonstrated ability to motivate peers and achieve cooperation.
- Able to work a minimum of 40 hours per week and participate in 24-hour call. Required to work for extended periods of time with few breaks. ABTC certification preferred.
- Must maintain a valid driver license and have reliable personal automobile to be used with company reimbursement using IRS guidelines. Must be able to travel within the service area by ground or air.
To apply for this role, submit application at www.lifelinkfoundation.org/careers/