Full-Time Cardiology Adult Nurse Practitioner
ERP International, LLC is currently seeking a Cardiology Adult Nurse Practitioner for a full-time position supporting the Heart, Lung, and Vascular Center at David Grant Medical Center at Travis AFB, in Sacramento, CA.
Please call Andrea Bouchet-Botello at 301.490.0080 EXT 227 for more information.
About ERP International, LLC
ERP is a nationally respected provider of health, science, and technology solutions supporting clients in the government and commercial sectors. We provide comprehensive enterprise information technology, strategic sourcing, and management solutions to DoD and federal civilian agencies in 40 states. Founded in 2006, ERP is headquartered in Laurel, MD and maintains satellite offices in Montgomery, AL and San Antonio, TX – plus project locations nationwide.
ERP offers exceptional benefits, including competitive compensation, Medical/Dental/Vision, short and long-term disability, life insurance, paid vacation, paid holidays, a matching 401(k), training and education opportunities, and semi-monthly direct deposit.
Position: Adult Nurse Practitioner (Cardiology)
Schedule: Monday-Friday, 7:30am-4:30pm (40 hours/week)
- Occasional overtime, as needed, up to 150 hours per year
- No On-Call
- No Weekends or Holidays
- Education: Completion of an accredited/approved Adult Nurse Practitioner program.
- License/Certification and Training: Must hold an active, unrestricted license as an ARNP; must maintain current AANP or ANCC certification; and hold an active BLS and ACLS.
- Experience: Candidates must have the following experience; all experience must be within the past (3) years: Minimum (6) months experience in advanced clinical management of cardiology patients. Minimum (6) months experience in caring for patients with cardiovascular disease, to include experience with rhythm disorders. Minimum (6) months experience in caring for patients with electrophysiology (EP) procedures and/or pacemaker and ICD implantation
- Security: Must be able to pass a government background check.
The duties include but are not limited to the following:
- Provide a full range of nurse practitioner services in accordance with privileges granted by the Commanding Officer (e.g., supervise and provide general screening and medical care and examinations of patients for routine, acute and chronic conditions involving any and all organ systems; diagnose, treat, and counsel patients as indicated).
- Promotes, directs, evaluates and is responsible for the management of safe patient care to cardiology patients within accepted protocols, Nurse Practice Acts, and/or in collaboration with a physician.
- Collaborates with other health care resources to insure continuity of care.
- Participates as a member of the multidisciplinary team to assess and monitor cardiology patients.
- Knowledgeable of a variety of pharmacological agents used in patient treatment, the desired effects, side effects, and complications of their use as well as the accurate administration of the pharmacologic agent, including dosage calculations as required.
- Knowledgeable of the administrative requirements for proper documentation of patient conditions including disease progress, acknowledgement of teaching, and follow up care.
- Knowledgeable of computer operations and proficiency in the use of basic word processing, data entry and automated medical records.
- Knowledge of professional cardiac care theories, principles, practices, disease process and procedures.
- Request consultation or referral with appropriate physicians, clinics, or other health resources as indicated.
- Orders, conducts, monitor and interprets diagnostic, laboratory, pathology evaluations as applicable for the outpatient cardiology population.
- Participates, directs, and provides opportunities for staff development through in-service education as needed
- Arranges for cardiology procedures and interventions with the Radiology and Surgery Services
- Prescribe and dispense cardiovascular pharmacologic agents and non-pharmacologic therapies as delineated by the Pharmacy and Therapeutics Committee.
ERP International, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.