Full-Time Chief Nurse, RN
Houston’s Health Department is seeking a Chief Nurse to join their team!
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES/ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Plans, coordinates, implements, evaluates and directs the primary nursing activities of a health clinic.
- Supervises the performance of nursing personnel; advises and counsels nurses concerning professional growth, advanced training and education. Evaluates work performance of staff and develops work improvement activities as needed with employees.
- Assesses staffing needs; develops and coordinates effective staffing programs for area of responsibility.
- Analyzes and evaluates nursing staff utilization and quality of care; develops, coordinates, recommends and implements changes as needed.
- Encourages and coordinates the development of improved clinical and administrative procedures/policies.
- Plans and participates in peer review, audits and other means of evaluation to assure quality of the nursing process.
- Provides direct care to public health clients in the home, office and community settings.
WORKING CONDITIONS: The position is physically comfortable, the individual has discretion about walking, standing, etc.
MINIMUM EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS: Requires a Bachelor of Science degree in Nursing from an accredited school or university.
MINIMUM EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS: Five years of experience in nursing are required, with at least two years in a supervisory capacity. Two years of public health experience are preferred. A Master of Science degree in Nursing and three years of nursing experience may be substituted for the experience requirement.
MINIMUM LICENSE REQUIREMENTS: Must be licensed to practice as a registered nurse in the State of Texas.A valid driver license and compliance with the City of Houston’s policy on driving (AP 2-2).
PREFERENCES: Candidates with two (2) years of Public Health experience preferred.
**Preference shall be given to eligible veteran applicants provided such persons possess the qualifications necessary for competent discharge of the duties involved in the position applied for, such persons are among the most qualified candidates for the position, and all other factors in accordance with Executive Order 1-6.**
Salary: $82,316.00 to $89,336.00 /year
EEO Equal Employment Opportunity The City of Houston is committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse workforce and providing a work environment that is free from discrimination and harassment based upon any legally protected status or protected characteristic, including but not limited to an individual’s sex, race, color, ethnicity, national origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, genetic information, veteran status, gender identity, or pregnancy.
To apply please visit: http://bit.ly/pn17937