Full-Time Cleared Physician
Mount Weather Emergency Operations Center
Linxx Global Solutions (Linxx) is currently seeking Board Certified/Board Eligible Emergency Medicine Physicians to perform Medical Support Services to two medical units to ensure the health and well-being of employees and mission partners and to provide care in the event of an emergency. The position is located in the Blue Ridge Mountains near Bluemont, Virginia, at the Mount Weather Emergency Operations Center (MWEOC).
THESE POSITIONS ARE CONTINGENT ON CONTRACT AWARD.
The MWEOC is a federal facility that is owned and operated by the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) under the U.S. Department of Homeland Security (DHS). Because it supports DHS, FEMA, and various other agency programs that include emergency operations and contingency programs, the facility has the ability to operate 24/7/365.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
Our team of Physicians will cover a wide range of medical duties in a civilian command facility in the Commonwealth of Virginia. In addition to other duties, Physicians will:
- Conduct employee physical examinations (approximately 300 annually), including analysis of clinical results and patient interaction with final signature authority for Fitness for Duty determinations
- Critical thinking to intervene with appropriate intervention for urgent/emergent/acute care, due to the possibility of an emergency situation happening at any time, for an extended amount of time
- Perform examinations such as vision testing, electrocardiograms, venipuncture and/or blood analysis, pulmonary function testing, and evaluations of second opinions and telephone consultations
- Provide supervision and management of emergency medical personnel involved in patient care
- Deliver administrative oversight to manage personnel, pharmaceuticals, medical records, equipment, and supplies at both medical units
- Provide respirator and occupational health certifications as needed (approximately 200 annually) for job-specific occupational exposure (e.g., asbestos removal, welding, and pesticide application)
- Maintain pharmaceutical inventories, which shall involve approximately 500 items of pharmacy stock
- Provide consultation services for occupational health issues, facility safety and environmental programs
- Assist the Workers Compensation by providing clear and concise on-the-job injury/illness reports for all actions directly reported to the medical units
- Provide information to satisfy requests for proof of credentialing from within DHS/FEMA
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Collaborating with Physician and Advanced Practice Providers colleagues with clear communication and documentation
- Knowledge of the Mount Weather Emergency Operations Center and their policies
- Participating in monitoring the quality, safety, and relevance of patient care
- Demonstrating ethical conduct throughout all levels of the organization
- Maintain doctor-to-patient confidentiality and understand all policies HIPPA related
- Other patient care related duties as necessary
- Top Secret clearance
- Ability to speak, understand, read, and write English fluently
- Board Certified/Board Eligible Emergency Medicine Physicians (active and unrestricted Virginia license)
- United States or naturalized citizen
- Authorized to work in the United States for any employer
- In the event of a national emergency, must be able to arrive at the Mount Weather Emergency Operations Center within one hour
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Basic and voluntary life insurance
- Disability coverage
- Paid time off.
Linxx is a fast-growing Government contracting company, with corporate offices located in Virginia Beach, Virginia, and contract support offices operating in 35 locations across the United States. Linxx is a well-run, lean company with an excellent past performance record. We are dedicated to improving the security of America and her allies through insightful analysis, creative product development, and exceptional customer service.
An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.