Full-Time Clinical Documentation Specialist( Brooksville, FL)
Current license to practice as a Registered Nurse (RN) in the State
• 2+ years of recent and relevant clinical experience required.
• 2+ years experience in clinical documentation improvement, ICD-9-CM and DRGs.
• 2+ years experience in providing physician and coder education in an acute care setting
. • Previous experience working in a clinical documentation improvement department or as a consultant.
• Minimum of one-year auditing experience.
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW:
• This individual will possess a broad knowledge of documentation requirements for accurate ICD-9-CM, ICD-10-CM/PCS and MS-DRG assignment.
• This knowledge will play a key role in determining the reimbursement and quality potential of facilities.
• Adherence to official coding compliance regulations, corporate policies developed to ensure accurate billing, and industry best-practice is essential.
• The documentation specialist is on–site and available five days a week and may be required to work and an occasional weekend or holiday to ensure coverage.
• Performance of inpatient medical record audits
• Issuance of compliant, Client-approved, best-practice physician documentation clarification requests
• Tracking and reporting of CDIS activities
• Development and delivery of Physician, Coder and Clinical Documentation Improvement Specialist (CDIS) education through a variety of modalities • Providing coders, senior leadership and facility personnel orientation to documentation improvement activities
SEND YOUR RESUME : firstname.lastname@example.org