Full-Time Clinical Mental Health Director
At Meridian Behavioral Health Services, we are a TEAM focusing on providing exceptional behavioral health care services, promoting workplace excellence, empowering its community to holistic wellness, and achieving sustainability for generations to come! Do these traits resonate with you if so, JOIN US!
Live and work in the Great Smoky Mountains of Western North Carolina!
Job Summary: Meridian Behavioral Health Services is seeking a Clinical Director. The Clinical Director is responsible for the leadership and management of all clinical services through Meridian’s Adult services and Child and Family services continuums. The Clinical Director is responsible for providing clinical expertise in behavioral health treatment to the organization through a focus of providing trauma informed, whole family/person care in a recovery-oriented environment.
A successful candidate will have the following minimum qualifications:
- Master’s Degree or Doctorate Degree in Psychology, Social Work, or Counseling
- Valid North Carolina clinical license (Licensed Psychologist (Doctorate Level), Licensed Clinical Social Worker, Licensed Professional Counselor, or Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist)
- Five years of clinical experience
- Five years of clinical supervision experience
- Three years of upper management experience in behavioral health services
- Knowledge of diverse modalities of counseling and diagnostic principles
- Knowledge and experience developing peer support specialists
- Demonstrated belief in a recovery focused, trauma informed, strengths-based approach to treatment
- Ability to build strong teams to meet performance goals
Preference will be given to candidates with the following:
- Certification to provide substance use disorder treatment and supervision (Licensed Clinical Addictions Specialist, Certified Clinical Supervisor)
- Experience with integration of mental health services in a primary care environment.
Benefits: Meridian offers a comprehensive benefits package including an employer matching retirement plan. Meridian provides malpractice insurance for those that qualify, a generous PTO program, paid holidays and participation in the loan repayment program for licensed practitioners and clinicians.
About Us: Nestled in the Great Smoky Mountains of Western North Carolina, Meridian is a not-for-profit, trauma-aware organization that provides integrated, behavioral health services. Our location, surrounded by mountain peaks of more than 5,000 ft, is the perfect place to live, work and play! Offering a true change of seasons, with recreational lakes, championship golf, mountain waterfalls, hiking trails, and more, working for Meridian can offer you an exceptional quality of life. Our location is just 2 hours from the metropolitan areas of Atlanta, GA and one hour from Asheville, NC.