Full-Time Clinical Pharmacist – Fairfield, CA
Matrix Providers – Caring for America’s military family
Serving America’s military family by aligning exceptional healthcare workers with rewarding career opportunities.
URGENT: We are hiring for a qualified Pharmacist to join our team of talented professionals who provide health care services to our veterans and their families at Travis Air Force Base in Fairfield, California.
Working inside the gates of a military installation is an experience unlike any other. We welcome you to come in from the storm and enjoy set schedules, structured, clean, and quiet environments, and a better work/life balance. Come see what base life is REALLY like at a military treatment facility. You will be happily surprised how different everything can be when serving America’s military families.
* Status: Full-Time
* Schedule: Monday – Friday 7:00 AM – 8:00 PM
* Benefits: Competitive financial package with a comprehensive insurance package including health, dental, vision, and life coverage. Accrued Paid Time Off (PTO) & Paid Holidays. 401(k) Plan
Responsibilities: You will perform various functions through collaborative drug therapy management (CDTM) and offer excellent patient care. A clinical pharmacist has solid clinical training and is well-versed in pharmaceutical therapy. You must be a team player and an excellent communicator. Dependability and diligence will make you an integral part of direct patient care. The goal is to provide effective medication management for the correct treatment and prevention of illness.
- Develop clinical pharmacy programs according to policies and regulations
- Review records of patients to determine the appropriateness of medication therapy
- Evaluate patient’s condition to ensure all issues are being treated
- Identify untreated health problems and refer patients to appropriate physicians
- Develop effective medication plans that minimize the risk of adverse side-effects
- Consult on dosages, medication substances, etc.
- Advice on the correct administration of drugs
- Assess the results of pharmaceutical treatments
- Collaborate with healthcare professionals to ensure optimal patient care
- Keep accurate documentation of medication plans and patient progress
- Proven experience as a clinical pharmacist
- Residency training and current license are required
- Excellent understanding of pharmaceutical therapy and direct patient care
- Solid knowledge of drug administration and health & safety guidelines
- Working knowledge of computers
- Team player with outstanding communication skills (verbal and written)
- Aptitude in problem-solving and decision-making
- Strong professional ethics
- Degree in Pharmacy/Pharmacology
The Pharmacist must have the following qualifications:
- Degree: Doctor of Pharmacy (Pharm.D.).
- Education: Graduate from a college or university accredited by the Accreditation Council on Pharmaceutical Education (ACPE).
- Internship/Residency: Completion of a clinical pharmacy residency or fellowship accredited by the American Society of Health-System Pharmacists or American College of Clinical Pharmacy or documentation of appropriate education, training, and/or CME in the practice of clinical pharmacy.
- Experience: As required to meet clinical competency requirements specified in the Service-specific credentialing instructions.
- Licensure: Current, full, active, and unrestricted license to practice as a pharmacist.
- One year of professional pharmacy experience after graduation.
- Basic Life Support (BLS).
Due to contractual obligations with the DoD, Health Care Workers performing under this contract must either be a U.S. citizen, or as defined by the Department of Homeland Security, U.S. Citizenship, and Immigration Services, either a noncitizen national of the United States, lawful permanent resident of the United States, or alien authorized to work in the United States.
You will love being part of the Matrix family of Providers whose focus has been selflessly giving back to our hard-working and devoted military servicemen and women since day one. Matrix Providers has always been a proud veteran-owned company and military family supporter and is a staunch ally of our active-duty and veteran service providers.
Matrix Providers endeavors to make www.matrixproviders.com accessible to all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact our Recruiting Hotline Number, 1-877-807-8277, TTY LINE, 385-722-8109. This contact information is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.