Full-Time Community Health Navigator – Fresno, CA
Position: Community Health Navigator
Reports to: Various
|Please Email Resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org
MedZed is re-imagining the house call. Will you innovate with us? MedZed is a fast paced, organization focused on inspiring and enabling better health. We are seeking exceptional community health navigators to join our team.
MedZed uses technology to bring healthcare to complex, hard to reach patients. We partner with health plans and managed care organizations to allow these high-risk patients to be treated in the comfort of their homes. Our community health navigators are an integral part of the patient’s panel management team by providing direct social service needs in the members home when they need it most. CHNs obtain orders or consent for services for the benefit of our patients and clients. This is remote position that is customarily and regularly engaged away from an office environment.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
Key responsibilities include:
· Complete door to door outreach activities (ex: appointment scheduling, obtain consents) within patient’s homes.
· Conduct health-related social needs screening and peer support in the field, home, or by phone, on issues related to social support, food insecurity, nutrition and physical health literacy, social isolation, housing safety, homelessness, transportation barriers, job/financial insecurity, among others.
· Provide ongoing follow-up, motivational interviewing, and goal setting with patients/families.
· Be an integral member of the Pan Man Team (Patient’s Panel Management Team) through reporting patients progress and barriers to team.
· Support Member in the home by reviewing and updating After Visits Summary (AVS) and Health Action Plans (HAP) to assist patients in achieving goals.
· Assist call center by completing field visits to patients for purpose of program enrollment/new patient appointments and reengagement of noncompliant patients.
· Work with patients on developing achievable goals to enhance their daily living.
· Support patient access to local community-based organizations, self-help groups, and other relevant organizations, ensuring warm handoffs to service providers.
· Support patient in improving completion of medical appointments.
· Complete timely bedside visits while patient is admitted to the hospital. Coordinate discharge planning needs with hospital staff, case management and/or other care team members
· Document peer support activities, monitor patient progress, update the care team, and maintain thorough notes.
· Support the growth and development of the Health Coach initiative across care teams by providing timely feedback and active participation on relevant projects.
· Undergraduate Degree (preferred) or commensurate work experience.
· Active Driver’s License
DESIRED SKILLS, EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE
· Experience providing peer support to patients with complex and multiple chronic conditions and challenging social and mental health conditions (e.g. Community Health Worker, Patient Navigator, In-Home Support Specialist, etc.).
· Training or experience in community health, social determinants of health, and peer counseling.
· Understanding of mental illness and addiction and ability to engage with clients who struggle with these issues at all levels.
· Training and experience in using Motivational Interviewing strongly preferred
· Strong interpersonal and social skills with demonstrated ability to collaborate with a variety of individuals from a wide range of professional and personal backgrounds.
· Knowledge of community-based healthcare and social services systems and the needs of medically underserved populations, and older adults/seniors
· Ability to thrive in a complex and rapidly changing environment.
· Ability to build credibility and trust with clients/patients.
· Maintains confidentiality and follows HIPAA standards in safeguarding patient information.
· Good oral and written communication skills.
· Strong organizational skills.
· Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office.
· Knowledge and/or experience within Home support Services (IHSS) is highly desirable.
· Life experience overcoming the challenges of chronic disease or work experience with people living with complex chronic conditions is highly desirable.
· Bilingual (Spanish) preferred.
Website – www.mymedzed.com
Please send resumes to email@example.com