Full-Time Organ Recovery Coordinator/ Transplant Coordinator, RN
Based at LifeLink of Georgia’s Norcross office, a Transplant Coordinator’s primary responsibility is to direct the resources available to facilitate a successful recovery of organs and tissues for transplantation once a potential donor has been identified. Included in this responsibility is presenting the option of donation; placement of organs (attempting to maximize each donor); recovery and preservation of donated organs; and providing support and follow-up for involved parties. Coordinators are also to be available as resources and support for the Hospital Development and Public Education programs as directed by the Executive Director.
- Responsible for the complete logistical coordination of all cases between procurement agencies and transplant centers and serves as communication link for all involved.
- Responsible for the ICU medical management of the organ donor, lymph node cut-down, organ specific evaluation for transplant, and organ placement to transplant centers.
- Circulates in surgery, packages and ships the organs and tissues, and provides tissue for research when appropriate.
- Coordinates extra renal fly-outs for local transplant center.
- Provides information as appropriate, to data center, recipient centers, UNOS and donor hospitals regarding donor follow-up.
- Provides donor families with follow-up information and support as needed.
- Completes donor bill audits/summaries in timely fashion or as specified in agreements with hospitals if requested by the Executive Director.
- R.N. and/or P.A. training preferred with ICU and/or OR experience or equivalent experience. Should have 1-2 years work related experience and ability to achieve NATCO certification.
- Advanced technical, organizational, communication, interpersonal and problem-solving skills required.
- Ability to deal with a high-stress level resulting from the emotionally and physically draining nature of the work.
- Ability to carry and lift 1-80 pounds five percent of the time.
To apply for this role, submit application at www.lifelinkfoundation.org/careers/