Full-Time Director, Emergency Services
Title: Director, Emergency Services
Location: Hopewell, VA
SHIFT: FT, No Weekends
Compensation: Salary range from $110-$120 up to 15% bonus of annual salary.
Relocation assistance available
The Director Emergency Services FSED assures service, growth, development, personnel management, and resource allocation and management controls in order to ensure consistent high-quality patient care in the Emergency Department. Provides oversight to ancillary departments such as Imaging, Lab, Admitting, Security, Environmental Services, and Support Services.
- Accurately identifies real/potential problems affecting the service and implements solutions with follow through and communication.
- Actively participates in service, departmental and hospital wide committees as assigned, providing ongoing communication to those one represents.
- Advances the patient experience agenda in the Emergency Department.
- Coaches immediate subordinates providing feedback; constructive critique of work; facilitates individual development plan; and documents their job performance.
- Adheres to all Human Resource policies.
- Effectively communicates departmental, organization and industry information to staff.
- Facilitates evidence based employee engagement practices.
- Effectively builds strong relationships and networks to deliver upon organizational and department goals.
- Participate in employee and patient rounding and identifies and mentors potential future leaders
- Enforces standards of emergency department care and develops processes to measure and ensure consistent compliance.
- Develops, implements, and evaluates an ongoing emergency services program which assures quality patient care consistent with the Hospital mission.
- Monitors compliance with regulatory, accrediting and hospital policy for patient services, and environmental and personnel safety.
- Oversees a PI program that consistently monitors and evaluates critical aspects of care.
- Is responsible for department’s operational excellence; ensures department delivers quality services in accordance with applicable policies, procedures and professional standards.
- Follows the Hospital Exposure Control Plans/Blood borne and Airborne Pathogens.
- Seeks new program strategies and/or program enhancements which would expand patient services.
- Develops, prioritizes and defends a capital equipment requests.
- Is responsible for the fiscal management of department; assures proper utilization of organization’s financial resources.
- Advances the growth agenda for emergency services.
- Demonstrates a poised and confident demeanor that reassures others and commands respect within the organization and the community.
- Develops and builds strategic external networks.
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s degree MHA, MSN, MBA, or related field
- 3+ years of experience in emergency services required
- 3+ years of experience in leadership role
Licenses, Certifications, & Training:
- Currently licensed as a registered professional nurse in the state in which he or she practices, in accordance with law and regulation.
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS)
- Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) or Emergency Nurse Pediatric Course (ENPC)
- Basic Life Support (BLS)
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, Behaviors:
Knowledge of human resource management, program development, fiscal management skills, and familiarity with regulatory and accrediting agency standards preferred
IT TECHNICAL RECRUITER
Consulting & Staffing