Full-Time Director of Nursing w/Sign on Bonus
Are you ready to join an energetic and growing team serving those in need? If so, look no further and start your Better career with Better Home Care!
Better Home Care is a fast-paced, compassionate, and growing Philadelphia-based home care agency that provides in home pediatric, geriatric, and home health aide services. Great opportunity for a Pediatric Case Manager with a willingness to learn and grow with company. For every patient, we provide constant communication, updates, and individualized care plans to foster their goals, wellness, and overall total health. Our team-based approach to care allows for maximum trust and continuity when it comes to the care of those in need.
How You Will Make an Impact
As our Director of Nursing (DON), you will be responsible for the supervision of all Nursing Supervisors, Patient Care Coordinators, hiring and supervising of qualified clinical staff.
You will also make powerful impacts to our business through being responsible for the quantity and quality of services provided by the agency. You will provide oversight of daily management, orientation, instruction, and evaluation of all clinical practices and ensure that all company Medicare, Medicaid, and Joint Commission standards are met.
Your main responsibilities will include:
- Providing supervision for the coordination of patient care services.
- Works with Director of Clinical Compliance. Provides leadership in the development of nursing procedures and patient care policies.
- Functions as a resource person for Administrator, Board of Directors, Patient Care Coordinator, field nurses, social workers, and therapists. Assist as needed in the processing of referrals.
- Visits patients as needed.
- Reviews and maintains information kept on patients’ records.
- Coordinates and participates in the on-call rotation.
- Responsible for staff and contract labor that all are appropriately oriented and trained in their respective duties and in clinical and corporate policies and procedures.
- Ensures that all employees/field staff reports are performed on a weekly basis.
- Provides in-service training for clinical and non-clinical staff.
- Coordinates CQI/QA program, prepares activities, and provides statistical report to Administrator
- Informs and educates all staff in quality assessment and improvement.
- Responsible for adherence to all protocols and procedures in the operating manuals by all staff and field nurses.
· Position is guided by goals and deadlines, which requires excellent organization and time management skills
· May be required to bend, stoop, reach, and move clients as well as lift and carry more than 50 pounds
· Travel may occasionally be required within our service areas
What We Offer You
· $5,000 Sign-On Bonus
· A career approach that values personal and profession development alongside goals of the company.
· A growing company where you can feel the impact of your work every day.
· A diverse, energetic, and supportive workplace.
· Competitive benefits package including Medical, Vision, and Dental.
· Competitive salary based on experience.
What You Will Need
- Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing from an accredited institution.
- A minimum of 3-5 years of management experience.
- Experience in home health or an agency environment highly desirable
- Experience with OASIS and ICD10
- Exposure to best practices in the fields of pediatric, geriatric, and home health services.
- Trach/Ventilator Care experience desirable
Please reply to this post with your resume and salary requirements to 267 504-4374