Full-Time Manager, Organ Recovery Center
Primarily responsible for daily oversight, and management of the Organ Recovery Center. They will be mentoring, providing on going education, and evaluation of Recovery Staff and other assigned staff while working within established LifeLink Foundation, OPO, Piedmont Healthcare and regulating agency policies and protocols. Ensures that organ donor management, and all organ recoveries that take place in the recovery center are coordinated to provide appropriate space, staff, supplies and equipment to perform recoveries in a timely and effective manner that meets all recovery expectations. Acts as a liaison to Piedmont Healthcare for all recovery center-specific needs. As a member of the clinical leadership, team will serve as clinical expert for organ donation and transplantation issues within the organ recovery center.
- Serves on LifeLink and Piedmont committees to ensure efficient practice and compliance with UNOS, LifeLink and Piedmont policies.
- Provides Donor Recovery Center Operations and Perfusion Lab Oversight
- Acts as a Recovery Operations and Perfusion Lab Resource
- Recommends and implements revisions in procurement protocols to provide continuous improvement with the work environment by actively participating in the Policy Review Committee.
- Participate in and manage overall daily operations of Surgical Coordinators, as appropriate, ensuring that they have the tools, training, and support necessary to direct the internal and external resources available to bring about successful donation for transplantation once a potential donor has been identified.
- Provides ongoing staff training to ensure compliance with policies and staff development.
- Assists Manager, Recovery Services with oversight of training, developing training protocols for the recovery center operations and monitoring trainee staff performance and compliance.
- Works closely with the Supervisor of QA/PI, Manager, Recovery Services and the Supervisor of Regional Transplant Coordinators to collaboratively design and implement projects (e.g. PDSA’s) to measure performance and implement innovative and effective performance improvement methods and tools to drive key organizational goals.
- BSN, RN, or PA, or equivalent. Four years of experience as a Surgery center, hospital operating or ICU management or experience in material management or other positions with similar responsibilities. Required previous supervisory experience and proven leadership skills.
- Strong organizational, problem analysis and decision-making skills. Demonstrated ability to motivate peers and achieve cooperation.
- Able to work a minimum of 40 hours per week and participate in 24-hour call. Required to work for extended periods with few breaks.
- Ability to take initiative, multi-task, and meet deadlines with a growing degree of autonomy.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
To apply for this role, submit application at www.lifelinkfoundation.org/careers/