Full-Time Event Coordinator
DESCRIPTION OF POSITION:
The Event Coordinator’s primary goal is to organize, develop, plan, and implement either existing or new fundraising events to benefit the hospice programs and services provided by Hospice of Southern Illinois. This position will act as a liaison between Hospice of Southern Illinois (HSI), its volunteers and our communities by recruiting participation of volunteers, corporations, and sponsorship within that community to promote the mission of Hospice of Southern Illinois.
1. Bachelor’s Degree in business with marketing or social services emphasis preferred.
2. Classes in Non-Profit Management preferred.
1. Proven history of coordinating successful fundraising events.
2. Proven history of securing sponsorships and financial support.
3. Two years’ experience in fundraising events preferred.
4. One year experience in marketing, communications and public relations.
c. Other Qualifications
1. Excellent communication and organizational skills.
2. Excellent financial management, interpersonal and relationship skills.
3. Ability to function with minimal supervision.
4. Reliable means of transportation.
5. Ability to travel within the geographical boundaries of Hospice of Southern Illinois.
6. Working knowledge of Microsoft Office products.
7. Working knowledge of Adobe Photoshop preferred.
d. Technical Competencies:
1. Reads, comprehends, and ensures that Development Department fundraising Standard of Procedures and Guidelines are complied with.
2. Keep current on and ensure that all state and federal and local regulations that govern fundraising are met.
3. Plan and fully implement fundraising and community awareness events which promote the mission of Hospice of Southern Illinois. Including attention to detail for supplies, logistics, weather, banking requirements, and appropriate supplemental activities such as: auctions, raffles, parking, entertainment and financial responsibilities.
4. Plan and implement annual budget for each event.
5. Collaborate with Volunteer Coordinator to secure and train appropriate volunteers per each event.
6. Demonstrate ability to communicate information and understanding of event demographics to employees, volunteers and Board of Directors when requested.
7. Assure documentation and financial reporting is timely and accurate.
8. Demonstrates the ability to build community relationships which fosters monetary giving.
9. Follow up with contacts made through events to identify potential donors reflective through increased giving.
10. Adheres to budget expectations set forth in the Development Department Fundraising and Event Standards of Performance.
11. Actively procure and track in-kind donations.
12. Actively seek sponsorship opportunities.
13. Assure that all events provide mission-related information to event participants.
14. Assure that information regarding Hospice of Southern Illinois policies and procedures are shared with community resources, accurately.
15. Actively seek learning opportunities to advance fundraising and donor relationship skills.
16. Demonstrate a working knowledge of Hospice of Southern Illinois’ Safety programs.
17. Participate and support in Quality Assessment and Performance (QAPI) projects as requested (HENS).
18. Accurate timesheet orientation.
19. Other duties as assigned.
Benefit packages available for full-time positions.
Please visit www.hospice.org/careers for further information and to apply online.