Full-Time Family Care Coordinator/ Grief Coordinator/ Family Advocate
Primary responsibility is to utilize the resources available and coordinate information with appropriate hospital and LifeLink staff to evaluate and respond to hospital referrals for the purpose of determining a potential organ/tissue donor. Apply LifeLink Organ Recovery policies and procedures in performing and documenting the approach, authorization, honor donor designation, and medical/social behaviors interview of next-of-kin and other appropriate family members/associates to offer the option of organ/tissue donation for the purpose of transplantation. Participate in call schedule rotation to ensure coverage of this position’s responsibilities 24/7. Case dynamics and logistics will warrant automobile and/or air travel regularly.
- Participate in the Family Care Coordinator (FCC) call schedule coordinating FCC responsibilities with other vascular coordinator staff.
- Referral, pre-authorization and authorization responsibilities will consist of but may not be limited to:
- referral evaluation after brain death has been declared or testing planned,
- determination of suitability,
- verification of name and location of next-of-kin,
- notifying the 1st call vascular coordinator with all potential donor situations
- completion of physical assessment utilizing approved forms,
- review of patient’s hospital chart,
- review of donor information with appropriate hospital personnel,
- determine a plan for the family, and
- when determined appropriate, approaching family members and requesting authorization from next-of-kin utilizing approved consent and medical history forms and protocols.
- Post authorization responsibilities will consist of but may not be limited to:
- offering family all appropriate information,
- notifying the 1st call vascular coordinator of authorization request outcome,
- introduction of vascular coordinator who will take over case, to family members,
- provide follow-up with family in conjunction with vascular coordinator, and administrator on call.
- provide follow-up to appropriate Hospital Development Liaison.
- review of and co-sign family letters where/when appropriate to do so.
- Case initiation responsibilities will consist of but may not be limited to:
- initiating a donor chart,
- write beginning orders, obtain blood and nodes for serology testing and HLA tissue typing.
- Minimum of two years in a related field and appropriate experience in a medical environment or social services field. Medical degree/certification a preferred.
- Previous experience as Clinical Counselor, Bereavement Counselor, Healthcare Advocate, Funeral Director, Social Worker, Case Manager, Family Counselor. a plus.
- Demonstrated above average interactive verbal communication skills.
- Availability to handle rotation of 24/7 call responsibilities and a work schedule that may require response to emergency back-up call coverage.
- Availability for automobile and/or air travel on a regular basis.
- Current driver license with good verifiable driving record.
To apply for this role, submit application at www.lifelinkfoundation.org/careers/