Full-Time Family Nurse Practitioner – Napa Valley, CA
JOB SUMMARY: The Family Nurse Practitioner will be responsible for providing quality primary health care to patients while working closely with other healthcare staff in a team approach.
KNOWLEDGE OF WORK
|Knowledge of Electronic Health Record and associated computer programs|
|Ability to collaborate with mutual providers of treatment in primary care setting|
|Ability to prioritize and multi-task and have strong time management skills|
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
|Provide the following health care services for patients: assessment/evaluation, diagnosis, treatment/prescribing, planning and education. Consult with staff physicians as needed|
|Review and manage patient information including labs, diagnostic images, prescription refills, outside consultation notes, previous medical records, specialist referrals, etc.|
|Prescribe and administer medications and treatment regimens according to assessed medical conditions. Review medication(s) that patient is currently taking, prior to prescribing to prevent adverse reactions|
|Refer patients to specialists and to relevant patient care services as appropriate|
|Prioritize patient care throughout the day|
|Provide acute triage over the phone or with walk in patients|
|Provide education and information to patients on various diseases, providing handouts as appropriate|
|Perform various in office procedures as directed and complete various medical related forms as needed|
|Document all appropriate information in electronic health record system|
|Respond to messages and relay information to patients and other external sources as needed|
|Direct and coordinate the patient care activities of nursing and support staff as appropriate|
|May participate in and collaborate with staff/teams on various support-related functions including quality assurance, care team development, system optimization, empanelment, policy and procedure development, etc.|
|Assists in the coordination and integration of all health clinic outreach programs as directed|
|Participate in education of students|
|Respond to afterhours outpatient triage calls on a rotation basis|
|Other duties as assigned|
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, TRAINING
- Graduate of an accredited Master of Science in Nursing required.
- Current California Family Nurse Practitioner certification required.
- Must have or obtain current California medication furnishing license.
- Must have or obtain current DEA License.
- Must certify and remain current in CPR certification.
- Experience in a community healthcare center preferred.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills; Bilingual (English/Spanish) language required.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills required; must have ability to handle difficult patients.
- Must have strong time management skills, ability to prioritize, and work in a fast-paced environment.
- Computer and data entry skills required; electronic health record system preferred.
- Excellent problem solving skills required.
Please use this link to apply: https://www.olehealth.org/job/physician-assistant-and-or-family-nurse-practitioner/
If you have any questions, please email email@example.com