Full-Time Finance Business Partner
The DGSOM is comprised of 24 academic departments, 5 organized research units, and 5 interdisciplinary research centers and is the academic home to approximately 3200 faculty and 2500 trainees, students and fellows. The DGSOM employs about 6200 staff and non-faculty academics. The DGSOM’s annual revenue totals approximately $2B, its expendable net assets approx. $500M and its endowments and quasi endowments approximately $1.5B.
Learn more about us here: https://www.youtube.com/user/UCLAGeffenSOM
The Finance Business Partner reports directly to the Director, Financial Planning & Analysis and Decision Support and serves as a key member of the FP&A team within the Financial Affairs Unit of the Dean’s Office.
The position serves as the Dean’s Office FP&A partner to multiple DGSOM Departments (10-15) varying in size and complexity and will be responsible for delivering decision support and FP&A services that will enable their departmental business partners and the DGSOM’s executive leadership to make timely decisions and achieve desired financial results.
The position will play a key role in the DGSOM’s annual budgeting process, financial quarterly forecast, financial plan variance analysis and special projects. S/he will analyze and summarize actual vs plan reporting and explain the underlying drivers. S/he will provide financial consulting and strategic support to the DGSOM departments and the DGSOM’s senior leadership team. S/he will identify and propose process improvements and participate in reporting enhancements. S/he will independently and effectively manage the relationships with the DGSOM departments and other stakeholders, to ensure a collaborative inter-departmental working environment. S/he provides training to Department Managers and Finance managers on Best Practices, budget management and analysis.
- Partner with the DGSOM departmental business partners in creating budgets, forecasts, variance and trend analysis and multi-year financial plans
- Support the DGSOM departmental finance partners to grow their data and analytics capacities. Be an ambassador for improved cross-functional collaboration and communication
- Develop tools to assist business leaders to manage and track performance to goals
- Analyze current and past trends in key performance indicators including all areas of revenue, expenses, equity transfers and capital expenditures
- Develop financial models and analyses to support strategic initiatives
- Perform complex ad-hoc reporting and analysis and provide accurate and timely financial recommendations to management for decision making purposes
- Serve as a functional subject matter expert on working with Business Intelligence Tools
- Support the finance and accounting team in accomplishing all month-end, quarter-end, and year-end analytics and reporting obligations
- Supporting Senior Management Team and Departments heads with in-depth analysis
- Prepare presentations to the Deans, the Chairs and other leadership
- Bachelor degree or equivalent in business administration with an emphasis in accounting or finance or an equivalent combination of education and experience. CMA or MBA desirable
- Minimum of 5 years of FP&A experience in a related field
- Strong knowledge of financial and accounting concepts, including basic framework of the P&L, Balance Sheet and Cash Flow.
- Expertise in fund accounting and performance metrics of research intensive health systems desirable
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills with a desire to understand the issues
- Creative problem solver that can identify sources of information from disparate sources and deliver comprehensive, balanced, and actionable insights
- Rigorous attention to detail with a healthy balance of speed vs. accuracy. Ability to sense check data for accuracy and challenge unreasonable assumptions
- Advanced Excel and Power Point skills
- Excellent customer service interpersonal skills and ability to develop and maintain excellent working relationships with stakeholders at all levels of the organization
- Excellent communication skills (written, verbal and presentation)
- High level of ethics, integrity, discretion and confidentiality
The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age or protected veteran status.
PLEASE APPLY USING THIS APPLICATION LINK: https://app.jobvite.com/j?aj=ojpq9fw1&s=medicaljobboardus