Full-Time Genetic Counselor
Position Summary Clearview Cancer Institute is currently seeking a full-time Genetic Counselor at a very busy and growing private practice oncology clinic. The primary purpose of the Oncology Genetic Counselor is to provide genetic counseling for individuals and family members suspected to have an inherited predisposition to cancer.
To be successful in this position one must have the ability to multitask various patients at one time. You must be detail-oriented, organized and goal-oriented. You must also be team-focused and work collaboratively as part of a multidisciplinary team including physicians, nurses, one other Certified Genetic Counselor, and additional allied health professionals. Additionally, you must be thoughtful, compassionate and have the ability to speak to patients on their level when delivering genetic test results.
This position is based at Clearview Cancer Institute in Huntsville, Alabama with regular travel required to surrounding area clinics located in Decatur, Florence and Cullman, Alabama.
Description: Job Specific Tasks
- Provides clinical genetic counseling for patients seen at locations in Huntsville, Decatur, Florence and Cullman.
- Communicates complex genetics and genomics concepts in a concise and understandable manner, both in written text and in conversation.
- Reviews, approves and interprets genetic laboratory results.
- Attends clinical and research conferences.
- Reads scientific literature to keep abreast of technological advances and current genetic research findings.
- Manages multiple projects, timelines and deadlines
- Willing to comply with Clearview Cancer Institute policies and procedures
- Able to be at work regularly and on time.
- Must be familiar with various genetic tests and laboratories.
- Must be willing to educate both medical and community groups.
- Master’s Degree in Genetic Counseling from an accredited genetic counseling graduate program
- Board Eligible or Board Certified by American Board of Genetic Counseling
- Experience preferred, new graduates welcome and encouraged to apply
- Valid Driver’s License and reliable means of transportation
- Ability to pass a background check
ABOUT THE AREA Huntsville, Alabama, also known as Rocket City, is the site of the U.S. Space and Rocket Center, the Havoc Hockey Team, Bridge Street Town Center, Botanical Gardens, Monte Sano State Park, and many options for local fare. While Huntsville may be a smaller city, it is rich in history and growing exponentially. This illustrious hub of progress and innovation is a prominent cultural and technological center in North Alabama. Huntsville prides itself in the arts, scientific development, economic strength, community engagement, resourcefulness, progress, and quality of life. With everything from craft breweries to farmer’s markets, you’ll never run out of fun and exciting activities in this up-and-coming gem located in the heart of the South. A few Accolades include:
- Huntsville named #7 best place to live in the U.S.– U.S. News & World Report
- TripAdvisor’s 20 Best Vacations for Parents & Teens
- American Girl 2018 “Girl of the Year” has unique ties to the Rocket City
- Best Southern College Towns, Southern Living
- Huntsville is one of the 10 best cities for jobs in STEM, by Forbes
- Huntsville’s Food and Wine Scene is on Fire
- Huntsville’s Artistic & Intellectually Stimulating Social Scene Gives Young Professionals Plenty to See & Do on Date Nights
Location: Huntsville, Alabama
To apply, visit: https://passionhr.applicantpro.com/jobs/1101011.html