Full-Time Health Care Specialist
Job Title: Health Care Specialist
Location: Central Office
Reports To: Division Superintendent
Salary: Determined by education and experience
The Health Care Specialist supports the school division with efforts to mitigate and address the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic. The Specialist collaborates with school and City organizations and groups, primarily the Southampton Health Department, and specifically assists and supports the COVID-19 screening testing program and SCPS contact tracing efforts. Additionally, the Specialist will train and support health annex monitors. The Specialist performs a variety of professional duties required to support the school health services program, including the handling of complex and/or sensitive situations.
- Bachelor’s degree; Master’s degree preferred
- Current licenses to practice as a RN in Virginia preferred, other health credentials or educational administrative licenses considered
- One to two years of experience working as a health care professional
Job-related within the specialized field with increasing levels of responsibility required. School-based and/or public health knowledge and skills specific to the current COVID-19 health crisis preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Possesses knowledge of theory, procedures, and practices related to student health and wellness.
- Possesses and understanding of public health concerns and procedures for treatment in coordination with local health and social service agencies. Training and knowledge specific to current COVID-19 health crisis preferred.
- Demonstrates an ability to establish and maintain positive relationships with other professionals within the schools and communities.
- Demonstrates an ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Demonstrates an ability to gather, analyze, interpret, and reconcile data.
- Demonstrates a working knowledge of computers and software applications.
- Coordinates between school COVID teams and the Southampton County Health Department to support contact tracing efforts when cases are present in schools
- Maintains and supports proper ordering, inventory, and distribution of school health clinic supplies to include PPE.
- Serves on a team that tracks applicable data and provides summary information in a variety of forms when needed.
- Supports School Health Services in the development of protocols and guidance related to the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Serves as the point of contact to administer and support COVID-19 screening testing with the schools.
- Provides support for other COVID-19 initiatives or programs.
- Perform other related duties as assigned for the purpose of ensuring the efficient and effective functioning of the department
Terms of Employment:
12 – month full-time position
Additional Responsibilities to perform:
- Conforms to all state laws and regulations.
- Acts as a liaison with administrators, community health leaders, hospital and community stakeholders.
- Collaborate and coordinate with a team of public health professionals and school administrators.
- Research and secure health program partnerships.
- Adhere to CDC policies and guidelines
- Other duties as assigned
Performance of this job will be evaluated in accordance with the provisions of Southampton County School Board’s policy manual and the Virginia Board of Nursing.
To apply electronically please visit https://www.applitrack.com/southampton/onlineapp/