Full-Time Home Health Administrator
Promontory Home Health – El Cajon, CA
This is a unique and exciting opportunity for a Home Healthcare Administrator to develop and grow a new and innovative home health agency in San Diego and the Southern California region.
Promontory Home Health is seeking a dynamic and focused leader who will report directly to the Governing Board and Director of Operations and shall oversee the operations of a Medicare and Medi-cal certified home health agency. The Administrator shall play a key role in start-up activities including program development, regulatory compliance, accreditation, staffing, and marketing. Once operational, the Administrator shall oversee day to day operations, planning, coordination and management of all home health agency activities, administration and community/client education, ensuring the delivery of quality home care services in accordance with State and Federal laws and regulations and company policies and procedures.
The Home Health Administrator is responsible for the following:
1. Overall operation and services of the home health agency.
2. Facilitating creative program development, regulatory compliance, and clinical operations in the start-up phase and growth phases of the home health agency.
3. Planning, directing, and evaluating operations to ensure the provision of adequate and appropriate care and services.
4. Complying with applicable law and regulation.
5. Fiscal planning, budgeting and management of operations in accordance with fiscal parameters.
6. Forecasting monthly revenue and adjusting strategy as needed to ensure gaps in projection and budget are addressed and rectified.
7. Serving as the primary sales manager for the operations by leading business development in executing growth strategies in pursuit of new business opportunities.
8. Implementing governing body directives and ensuring that appropriate service policies are developed and implemented.
9. Recruiting, employing, and retaining qualified personnel to maintain appropriate staffing levels.
10. Establishing goals, objectives and monitoring mechanisms for employee performance, preparing written performance evaluations and developing corrective action plans.
11. Establishing and maintaining effective channels of communication.
12. Directing and monitoring organizational performance improvement activities in concert with the Medical Director and Clinical Team.
13. Ensuring staff development including orientation, in-service education, continuing education and evaluation of staff.
14. Assuring that skilled nursing and other therapeutic services furnished are under the supervision and direction of a physician or registered nurse.
15. Conducting individualized supervisory meetings with agency staff to review and monitor client plans of care, caregiver training plans and auditing of client and caregiver files.
16. Assuring appropriate staff supervision during all operating hours.
17. Ensuring the accuracy of public information materials and activities.
18. Appointing a similarly qualified alternate to be available at all times during operating hours in the absence of the administrator.
19. Informing the governing body, staff, and professional advisory group of current organizational, community, and industry trends.
20. Ensure that organization is following ACHC, and other regulatory standards at all times.
21. Preparing the agency annual report.
22. Planning and coordinating Professional Advisory Committee and Governing Board meetings.
23. Performing other necessary functions as assigned by the Director of Operations, and Governing Body.
24. Performing other related duties as necessary.
• RN required
• Homecare/Homebase software experience preferred
• Strong familiarity with home health State and Federal Regulations and Guidelines
• Training and experience in health service administration
• At least 1 year of supervisory or administrative experience in home health care or related health programs
• Must be an energetic, forward thinking professional with outstanding relationship building skills and proven ability to effectively drive business operations, budget management and performance improvement