Full-Time Hospice LPN
****$1,500.00 HIRING BONUS following 90 days of employment****
The Mission of Serene Care Hospice is clear: To deliver the highest quality of physical, emotional, and spiritual care for our patients, their families, and friends; while treating them with dignity and respect during this life-limiting illness and bereavement.
Our Serene Team believes that the end of a person’s life is about living, not dying. Our Hospice Team consists of a comprehensive Nursing Staff, Social Workers, Spiritual Coordinators, Volunteers, and Bereavement Staff. We are dedicated to excellence as we provide the highest quality of care for our patients, always responding in a loving, caring, respectful manner during their time of need.
Who we need:
Serene Care needs a compassionate, qualified Licensed Practical Nurse to join our rapidly growing team. Your presence and care will bring comfort and dignity to the person who faces the end of their life, and help them reach acceptance and peace of mind. Our Serene Team Nurses see the value of Hospice care and provide our patients that little bit extra.
What it takes to get the job done:
- Hold an active Iowa LPN license
- Cannot be barred from participation in federally funded programs, specifically Medicare and Medicaid
- Have consistent, reliable transportation, a valid driver’s license, current auto insurance, and a legally licensed vehicle as this job does require travel in and around the Iowa City area
- Applicants must be flexible regarding territory assignments, and be available Monday through Friday
- Have current BLS/CPR Certification
- Be eager and willing to have a positive impact in the Iowa City area
- Be willing and available to take call after hours
- Love to lead – as the Hospice LPN, you’ll be coordinating care between many disciplines and providers
What’s that “little bit extra”?
We call ourselves the Serene Team for a reason – teamwork is at the core of all we do. We give our patient’s our all and support or team-members when they need help. We’re not here for ourselves, we’re here to be part of something bigger than us. We’re here to make a difference.
Where do you fit in?:
You’re at the helm. Responsibilities include:
- Provide nursing services and treatments as assigned by the Registered Nurse.
- Observe signs and symptoms of the patient and report any changes or declines in status to the patient Physician and Hospice RN, including medication changes and changes in the physical or emotional condition of the patient.
- Teach and counsel patient and patient family members on the patient’s status and changes in physical or emotional conditions.
- Attend all staff meetings, as requested.
- Takes call duty nights, weekends, holidays; as assigned.
- Maintain the highest level of ethical and moral professionalism. Hospice is hard work.
What can we offer in return for your service?:
Eligible employees will receive:
- ****$1,500.00 HIRING BONUS following 90 days of employment****
- $100/mo reimbursement for phone/internet service
- Competitive rates on Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Optional Short Term and Long Term Disability, Life/AD&D Coverage, and services from AFLAC
- 401k following 1 year of service and 1000 hours worked
- Paid Time off and Sick Time off
- Mileage reimbursement
- Tuition reimbursement
- Professional Development Assistance
SereneCare Inc is an Equal Opportunity Employer
SereneCare Inc is an E-Verify Employer