Part-Time Laboratory Assistant
Who We Are:
Our positive, collegial environment embraces respect, communication and diversity. The Doctors Clinic seeks individuals who share in our mission of Excellence in Patient Care.
The Doctors Clinic, a part of Franciscan Medical Group, is a multi-specialty medical group with 7 patient care clinics located throughout Kitsap County, in beautiful Washington State. Established in 1945, The Doctors Clinic currently has ~70 physicians and advanced practice clinicians, and a staff of approximately 350 serving the county’s 270,000 residents. The Clinic’s providers represent a broad spectrum of practice specialties including primary care, surgery, specialists and sub-specialists. Our positive, collegial environment embraces respect, communication and diversity. As a leader in quality health care and a major employer, The Doctors Clinic seeks individuals who share in our mission of Excellence in Patient Care.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- Obtain blood specimens by performing venipunctures and finger sticks.
- Perform laboratory testing procedures which may include pre-analytic, analytic and post analytic phases.
- Accurately enter patient information into laboratory information system and label specimens correctly.
- Perform specifically defined specimen testing per state and manager direction.
- Work as a team member within the laboratory department and all other departments.
- Adhere to employer work practices as described in TDC Occupational Exposure Plan policy.
- Document work processes as required.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent. Completion of an accredited medical assistant or phlebotomy course preferred
- CPR certification for Health Care Providers. State of Washington Medical Assistant-Phlebotomist certification
- Minimum 1 year experience in phlebotomy.
- Ability to obtain blood specimens as required for testing.
- Basic computer skills
- Highly detail oriented; able to prioritize work load
- Requires ability to work in a fast paced environment.
- Must be able to effectively cope with typical job stress.
- Ability to communicate effectively in the English language in person, by phone and in writing.
- Maintain current CPR certification.
- Maintain current State of Washington Medical Assistant-Phlebotomist certification.
- Requires adherence to all policies and procedures, including but not limited to standards for safety, attendance, punctuality and personal appearance.
- Ability to maintain effective working relationship with patients, co-workers and management.
- Ability to take direction and conduct self in a professional manner.
Why Should You Apply?
- Be part of an award winning team that sets the standards for patient care
- We offer a generous benefits package – PTO, Medical, Dental, 401K, Employee Discounts, and more!
- Grow with us! We have talented tenured staff that are eager to set you up for success.
Apply Today! https://www.thedoctorsclinic.com/employment-opportunities.aspx