Full-Time LVN / LPT -FT PM – Mental Health – Yucca Valley
To Apply, please click link: Apply
Applicants must have attained the age of 18 years of age
Employment is contingent on:
- Successfully completing a pre-employment Health Screening and a TB clearance
- Receipt of “clear” or approved Live Scan results and Criminal Background Clearance
- Graduation from an accredited school of licensed vocational nursing or psychiatric technology required.
- Associate’s degree, preferred.
- One (1) year service experience treating the mentally ill in an inpatient setting.
- One (1) year medication administration experience required.
License or Certification
- Valid California LVN or LPT license.
- Current CPR certification.
- First Aid certification from persons qualified by agencies including but not limited to the American Red Cross.
- Ability to interact and communicate both verbally and in writing with severely disordered clients, staff of differing culture and social backgrounds, physicians and the public.
- Demonstrated understanding of psychiatric illness and its treatment.
- Demonstrated team leadership skills.
- Knowledge of medications, especially psychotropic, and ability to obtain a passing grade in a Medication Exam.
- Ability to visually and audibly assess client’s behavior and needs.
- Ability to stand for long periods of time preparing and administering medications.
POTENTIAL JOB HAZARDS
- Assaultive clients
- Blood and Body Fluid Contact (Category I)
SAFETY PRECAUTIONS REQUIRED
- Demonstrated use of CSI.
- Demonstrated use of Standard Precautions.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provides direct nursing care and supervises same provided by all nursing staff on the shift worked.
- Organizes and directs the nursing activities of the unit, assuring quality care delivery. Visually and audibly observes, documents in writing and reports orally or in writing the resident’s physical or mental condition to the Registered Nurse in charge of the facility on the shift and the attending physician.
- Orders, prepares, administers and documents the administration of medication for clients according to physician’s orders.
- Confirms delivery of all ordered medication from pharmacy on shift worked. Responsible for writing a weekly summary on clients as assigned.
- Monitors and maintains appropriate nursing documentation in the medical record for shift worked.
- Communicates pertinent information verbally and in writing to all team members. Prepares, presents and coordinates or supervises a verbal or written change of shift report.
- This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive and employees will also perform other reasonably related duties as assigned.
- MFTI and ACSW’s receive supervision for BBS hours
- Competitive compensation
- Company paid benefits package including medical, dental and vision and many other voluntary benefits
- Rewarding work environment with excellent opportunities for career growth
- Excellent work/life balance including generous vacation and holiday pay
- Meaningful relationships with your co-workers and the individuals we serve
- Family-oriented environment
- On the job training including paid CEU opportunities and career development
- Flexible work schedule and environment
- Mileage reimbursement
Potential Work Schedule: