Full-Time Medical Assistant
Who We Are:
The Doctors Clinic is a progressive multi-specialty medical group dedicated to healing and excellence. We are a leader in healthcare quality. We honor individuality, empower people through open and honest communication and strive to earn the loyalty of every person we serve.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- Room patients, obtain vitals, patient history and reason for seeking care.
- Process telephone messages.
- Follow prescription refill procedures.
- Maintain patient records confidentially.
- Record patient charges and lab charges for billing department.
- Assist the provider with patient education pertaining to their ongoing health care:
-Results of lab and x-ray reports
-Diet and exercise
-Laboratory and radiology preparation
- Must be able to recognize and respond appropriately to urgent/emergent situations per protocols.
- Maintain work area, exam rooms, supplies, medications and immunizations.
- Perform basic triage per specific office protocol procedures.
- Maintain professional appearance and personal conduct at all times.
- Adhere to employer work practices as described in TDC Occupational Exposure Plan policy.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with physicians, staff and management.
- Effectively cope with typical job stress.
- Document work processes as required.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Certified Medical Assistant through the Washington State Department of Health or possess an Interim Certification and pass the National Medical Assistant Certification exam (i.e. AAMA or NCCT) within one year of issuance.
- CPR certification for Health Care Providers.
- 3 months experience in an office environment preferred.
- Medical terminology.
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Knowledge of CPT & ICD-10 coding procedures.
- Knowledge of medications and injection procedures.
- Maintain current Washington State DOH Medical Assistant-certified certification.
- Ability to multi-task efficiently and effectively.
- Must be able to act calmly and effectively in a busy or stressful situation.
- Ability to communicate effectively in the English language in person, by phone and in writing.
- Requires adherence to all policies and procedures, including but not limited to standards for safety, attendance, punctuality and personal appearance.
Why Should You Apply?
- Be part of an award winning team that sets the standards for patient care
- We offer a generous benefits package – PTO, Medical, Dental, 401K, Employee Discounts, and more!
- Grow with us! We have talented tenured staff that are eager to set you up for success.
Apply Today! https://www.thedoctorsclinic.com/employment-opportunities.aspx