Full-Time Medical Assistant
Certified Medical Assistant (CMA) – Primary Care job in Oak Harbor, Washington.
The job is a civilian position within the extensive military medical system. Civilian and military personnel work together in hospitals and clinics providing a full range of services to the active duty military service members, military retirees, and their families.
Our employees are our best assets! Come join our team of healthcare professionals where you are valued.
- Full-time hours
- Variable schedules and shifts (clinic is open 7 days a week 6am-10pm)
- Paid Time Off
- Paid holidays
- Competitive Compensation
- Benefit Package (health, dental, and vision plans)
Certified Medical Assistant (CMA) – Primary Care Job Overview:
- Check patients into the clinic.
- Perform health history and record review (including immunizations, physicals, and clinical preventive services).
- Perform occupational health and risk factor screening.
- Provide pertinent health, risk factor, and preventive counseling.
- Inform the nurse, physician extender, or physician of conditions or potential problems that require immediate attention.
- Aid in the input of aforementioned data into computer database(s) as required.
- Record, track and report statistical data as required.
- Obtain and document pertinent patient and family health problems.
- Maintain a record of care.
- Provide emotional support to patients, families, and caregivers.
- Ensure maintenance and re-supply of all pharmaceuticals or other necessary materials in the clinic.
- Ensure upkeep, perform checks of emergency equipment
Certified Medical Assistant (CMA) – Primary Care Job Qualifications:
- Graduate from a medical assistant training program accredited by Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs (CAAHEP) or the Accrediting Bureau of Health Education Schools (ABHES) of the American Medical Technologists or a formal medical services training program of the United States Armed Forces.
- Certification: American Association of Medical Assistants or Current registration by the American Medical Technologists.
- One year of experience as a Medical Assistant after graduation.
- Basic Life Support for Healthcare Providers by American Heart Association