Full-Time Medical Assistant
General Summary of Duties
Assist in examination and treatment of patients under the direction of a physician. Interview patients, measure vital signs (i.e., pulse rate, temperature, blood pressure, weight and height) and record information on patients’ charts. May be required to draw and collect blood samples from patients and prepare specimens for laboratory analysis. Prepare treatment rooms for examination of patients. Inform patients of costs for care being provided and guides them to appropriate resources for further information. Type routine correspondence and reports from dictation or handwritten copy. Answer telephones, screen callers, relay messages and greet visitors.
Requires a high school diploma and medical assistant certificate and 0-2 years of experience in a related field. Has knowledge of commonly-used concepts, practices and procedures within a particular field. Rely on limited experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. Perform a variety of tasks. Rely on instructions and pre-established guidelines to perform the functions of the job. Work under immediate supervision. Typically reports to a supervisor or manager.
- Welcome patients by greeting them in person or on the telephone
- Verify patient information by interviewing patient, recording medical history, confirming the purpose of visit
- Prepare patients for the health care visit by directing and/or accompanying them to the examining room
- Perform preliminary physical tests; take blood pressure, weight and temperature; reporting patient history summary
- Secure patient information and maintain patient confidence by completing and safeguarding medical records; completing diagnostic coding and procedure coding; keeping patient information confidential
- Counsel patients by transmitting physician’s orders and questions about surgery
- Educate patients by providing medication and diet information and instructions; answering questions
- Schedule surgeries by making arrangements with the surgical centre, verifying times with patients and preparing charts, pre-admission and consent forms
- Maintain a safe, secure and healthy work environment by establishing and following standards and procedures and complying with legal regulations
- Keep supplies ready by inventorying stock, placing orders, verifying receipt
- Keep equipment operating by following operating instructions, troubleshooting breakdowns, maintaining supplies, performing preventive maintenance and calling for repairs
- Completes records by recording patient examination, treatment and test results
- Generate revenue by recording billing information of services rendered, completing insurance forms and responding to insurance and other third-party inquiries
- Maintain patient confidence and protect operations by keeping patient care information confidential
- Assures compliance with all the policies/procedures of the state where he/she is assigned, and all appropriate regulatory agencies.
- Serve and protect the physician or healthcare provider practice by adhering to professional standards, policies and procedures, federal, state and local requirements and Joint Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations (JCAHO) standards
- Update job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities, reading professional publications, maintaining personal networks and participating in professional organizations
- Enhance health care practice reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests and exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments
Medical Assistant Certification preferred (must be obtained within 1 year of employment)
Must demonstrate current competencies applicable to the job position such as:
- Knowledge of basic nursing principles and protocols.
- Knowledge of policies and procedures related to infection control, environmental safety and patient confidentiality.
- Knowledge of medical chart reporting/records.
- Knowledge of management and organizational theory to supervise the business practices including principles of employee development to train delegate and mentor staff.
- Skill inappropriate assessment and assistance techniques.
- Skill inappropriate use of universal precautions, safe workplace and confidentiality methods.
- Skill in health information management by appropriately charting patient data.
- Ability to work effectively as a team member with physicians and other staff.
- Ability to react calmly and effectively in emergency situations.
- Ability to appropriately interact with patients, families, staff and other
- Ability to flexibly respond to changing demands.
- Ability to plan, organize, prioritize and direct the work of others.
- Ability to communicate clearly.
To apply please send resume to email@example.com
Or click this link to apply https://hire.withgoogle.com/public/jobs/konamedicalconsultingcom/view/P_AAAAAAGAAC-FoJcPy3gbc3