Full-Time Medical Assistant
The Door empowers young people to reach their full potential by providing comprehensive youth development services in a diverse and caring environment. At The Door, youth can access health care and education, mental health counseling and crisis assistance, legal assistance, college preparation services, career development, housing supports, arts, sports and recreational activities, and nutritious meals – all for free and under one roof.
As the Medical Assistant, you will provide basic patient care and medical procedures.
What You Will Be Doing:
- Assist in the orientation of the client to the health center
- Provide comfort for clients in examination room
- Ensure exam rooms are well-stocked and conduct periodic inventory
- Screen charts for routine lab tests and complete appropriate forms to facilitate this process for the practitioner
- Measure height, weight, blood pressure, temperature and pulse for clients
- Work with nurse practitioner, medical doctors, health educators, and other members of the health team
- Maintain the cleanliness and sterilization of equipment
- Assist in emergency measures by knowing location of emergency equipment or acting as messenger
- Provide clerical support for supervisor or the Director of Health Services
What We Are Looking For:
- You have a knack for engaging youth and the ability to apply positive youth development practices.
- Phlebotomy skills (certification or equivalent by a national phlebotomy association)
- High School Diploma or HSE
- You have a strong commitment to advancing diversity, equity, and inclusion
Why You Should Join Our Team
- You’re part of a mission driven organization that empowers NYC youth
- Health and Dental Insurance through 1199 at no cost to the employee
- 15 vacation days in your first year (20 after the first year) , 12 sick days, 3 personal days
- Flexible Spending Account and Pre- Tax Commuter Program
- 403b retirement plan with up to a 6% employer match