Full-Time Medical Coder
Sterling Medical is currently looking for
On-Site at VMC Ft. Sam Houston, San Antonio, TX
Great Pay, 2 Weeks PTO, 56 hours of sick time, 11 Paid Federal Holidays
Benefits offered, Health, Dental, Vision, 401k participation
(3) Three years prior experience working in patient abstract coding. Outpatient and/or Inpatient abstract coding experience preferred, but Outpatient abstract coding is required.
- Must have working knowledge of ICD codes, (CPT) Current Procedural Terminology, and(E&M) Evaluation and Management codes, to reflect patient’s condition (diagnosis, problem), HCPCS (Healthcare Common Procedure Coding System)
- Understanding of IBWA coding rules and JCAHO (Joint Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations. policies and procedures for completion of patient records, audits, and committee assistance,
- General knowledge of anatomy, physiology and pathologic processes within the medical field.
- Understanding of Medical Terminology, to include diagnoses, Procedures, tests, pharmaceuticals, operations, psychological and other specialty terms.
- Skills in using Medical Reference Manuals.
The following are recognized certifications with appropriate level of experience:
CCS-(P), Certified Coding Specialist-Physician
CPC-Certified Professional Coder
COC-Certified Outpatient Coder
Registered Health information Technician (RHIT), Registered Health Information Administrator (RHIA) are acceptable eligible or certified Credentials.
Certifications from the AAPC or AHIMA are acceptable.
RELOCATION ASSISTANCE IS POSSIBLE FOR CANDIDATES WISHING TO RELOCATE FROM OUTSIDE OF THE GENERAL AREA.
If you meet these qualifications, Please apply online, or contact me:
Program Manager, Modern Healthcare Services JV