Part-Time Medical Scribe
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- Accompany physician into the patient examination room in order to transcribe a history and physical exam, and document accurately the physician’s encounter with the patient and others present.
- List all proper diagnoses and symptoms as well as follow up instructions and prescriptions as dictated by the physician.
- Transcribe patient orders including laboratory tests, radiology tests, medications, etc.
- Document any procedures performed by the physician.
- Maintain professional appearance and conduct at all times.
- Adhere to employer work practices.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with physicians, staff and managements.
- Effectively cope with typical job stress.
- Document work processes as required.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Education: High school diploma or equivalent.
Certification/Licensure: Not required.
Experience: One of the following:
- 6 months experience as a Medical Scribe.
- 6 months related experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Medical terminology.
- Recognition of physical exam process and ability to record exam details.
- Computer proficiency and ability to quickly learn new applications.
- Legible handwriting and ability to accurately record information.
- Organizational skills with focus on tracking patient care and improving patient flow.
- Professional demeanor and recognition of privacy considerations for patients and families.
- Ability to multi-task efficiently and effectively.
- Must be able to act calmly and effectively in a busy or stressful situation.
- Ability to communicate effectively in the English language in person, by phone and in writing.
- Requires adherence to all policies and procedures, including but not limited to standards for safety, attendance, punctuality and personal appearance.
- Must be able to establish and maintain effective working relationships with managers and peers.