Part-Time Medical Scribe
Welcome to Texas Ear, Nose & Throat Specialists! We are one of the premier ENT specialty groups on the Texas Gulf Coast and are dedicated to providing our patients with total care for diseases and disorders of the head and neck. We offer the highest level of specialty care for all ear, nose and throat problems at our many convenient offices in Harris and the surrounding counties. With more than 30 board-certified Otolaryngologists in 17 locations spanning four counties, we offer excellent, top-rated service and care right in your community.
We focus on providing the most up-to-date treatment combined with the best in customer service for our patients with hearing problems, allergies, dizziness, sinus infections, snoring or any other ear, nose and throat related problems. Texas ENT Specialists also offers specialized divisions including the Texas Facial Plastic Surgery Center, the Texas Ear Center, and the Texas Center for Voice and Swallowing.
Texas E.N.T. Specialists offers a fast-paced, enriching work environment and an excellent compensation and benefits package (competitive salary, medical, dental, vision, long-term disability, life insurance, FSA, HSA, matching 401k and tuition reimbursement program).
We are currently looking for a friendly, energetic Medical Scribe.
This is a part-time position (approximately 28 hours per week).
Summary: Accurately documents patient encounters and participates in the successful execution of scribe services for health care providers
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Accompany physician(s) into the patient examination room to accurately and efficiently document the encounter
- Exhibit excellence in medical terminology and documentation
- List all proper admission or discharge diagnoses as well as follow-up care instructions as dictated by the provider
- Document the time and reasoning for patient orders, including lab tests and medications
- Document any procedures performed by the provider(s)
- Successfully navigate the Electronic Medical Record (EMR) system to input documentation
- Supports physicians and medical team with executing standing and initial patient orders
- Communicates prioritizes and advocates efficient patient flow between physicians and the medical team
- Multi-task efficiently and effectively as required
- Work under pressure, within time constraints.
- Exhibit excellent listening skills
- Concentrate on the needs of the provider(s) throughout the entire shift.
- Understand and observe legal concepts (e.g. HIPAA, confidentiality)
- Other duties as assigned
- Education and/or Experience – Associate’s Degree or Bachelor’s Degree in technical writing or journalism
- Understanding of medical terminology, anatomy, diagnostic procedures, and treatment assessments to the extent required to accurately transcribe dictated reports
- Language Skills – Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondences.
- Mathematical Skills – Ability to add and subtract two digit numbers and to multiply and divide with 10’s and 100’s.
- Reasoning Ability – Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Computer Skills – To perform this job successfully, an individual should have data entry experience with medical office computer software; MEDIC experience preferred.
- Other Skills and Abilities – Types 35 WPM.