Full-Time Nurse Practitioner
This position will be based at a new Detox facility in Gallup, NM. The anticipated start date will be around December 1, 2020.
Under the direction and supervision of the Medical Director, the physician assistant or nurse practitioner (PA/NP) performs medical
assessment of patients and prescribes or adjusts medications as indicated. Evaluation, management, and prescribing services are
rendered on-site at facilities. On-call is required under the direction of medical and executive management. The PA/NP collaborates
with nursing and medical technician staff to facilitate admission, treatment, and successful discharge of patients with co-occurring and
substance use disorders. Additional duties may include but not limited to coordination of care with referral sources as well as
educational support and interdisciplinary treatment consultation with patients, family members, caregivers, and staff.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Review patients’ medical histories
2. Conduct physical exams to check patient’s health
3. Order and interpret diagnostic tests, such as x-rays or blood tests, as required
4. Assess and diagnose patients
5. Give brief treatment, education, and counseling regarding diagnosed/concerns to patients and families
6. Prescribe medications as needed
7. Record patient progress and treatment utilizing agency EMR system
8. Coordinate care across agency programs and referral for needed services
9. Is available on an on-call basis for admissions from the hospital and ongoing or emergency medication needs.
10. Provides direction and support to nursing and medical technicians regarding diagnostic and medication management of
11. Prescribes various medications (scheduled and PRN) as needed during both detox and post-detox phases of treatment per
12. Conducts or participates in quality assurance and educational programs; providing instruction and training in opioid addiction
treatment with buprenorphine (Suboxone), diversion control, overdose prevention, and health management of addiction
13. Performs buprenorphine induction, evaluation, management and follow-up appointments; coordinating with SFRC staff to
ensure efficient and quality recovery services are provided including monitoring at admissions, ongoing treatment, and
14. Follows medical protocols established by the Medical Director including admission, treatment, and discharge standards in
accordance with agency policy and procedure.
15. Participate in required staff supervision, continuing education, and trainings
16. Performs any related duties as required and assigned by the Medical Director.
Register and apply at excelstaff.com
Call a Recruiter Today