Full-Time Office Manager
Duties entail overseeing the office’s operations, including maintaining current employee personnel files, phone calls to be answered at all times, responsible for human resource issues such as preparing and maintaining the Agency’s payroll system, employee benefit plans and collating statistics required for the Executive Manager. Responsible for the enforcement of practice policies and procedures. Responsible for ensuring billing system is progressing in a timely and complete fashion. Handling and delegating work as they approach. Additionally, maintaining all worklists and statistics as issued by the EMR and Management Company. The Office Manager is also responsible for ensuring that all administrative support to the Clinical Director/Practice Owner and data entry functions are operating effectively and efficiently.
Responsibilities (Coordinating with Management Company)
- Oversees daily office operations. Identifies and resolves operational conflicts. Comprises of end to end management of practice helping the doctor streamline all aspects of medical office operations
- Supervises assigned personnel. Reconciles employee timesheets and maintains leave records. Prepares payroll for employees and clinicians coordinating with Management Company.
- Assumes an active role in the coordination, facilitation, tracking and reporting of professional development of staff, ongoing skill development, and other mentoring activities.
- Maintains provider applications and credentialing information for participating health plans.
- Manage accounts payable. Prepares daily bank deposit and performs monthly reconciliation. Assist in miscellaneous bookkeeping functions and submit bills to appropriate health care agencies and 3rd party employers.
- Participates in professional development efforts to ensure currency in health care practices and trends.
- Responsible for maintaining an office environment that fosters the professional growth and development of staff
- Prepares monthly, quarterly and year-end reports.
- Performs technical billing audits per policy and follow-up with corrections.
- Maintains patient records, staff and personnel contracts’ confidentiality.
- Maintain master files of personnel evaluations and makes copies on monthly basis for the appropriate department supervisors and send deficiency notices to personnel if necessary.
- Assists with administrative duties related to the Human Resources department, including expediting recruitment advertisements, processing applications, and maintaining misc. databases.
- Provides coverage to the front office as needed.
- Approves the ordering of medical supplies and office supplies.
- Act as Receptionist for the office, answering inquiries of general nature form applicants, visitors, and professional staff, assisting them in a friendly and cooperative manner.
- Assume various duties as directed by the Management Company.
- The position is stressful as deadlines have to be met.
- It is mainly a desk job which essentially involves sitting for extended periods of time, as well as an excessive amount of telephone communication.
- Travel is required, by car or airplane to local, out-of-town or state seminars, conferences or meetings and to complete errands.
- It requires minimal lifting of office records and printouts.
- Work requires hand dexterity for office machine operation
- The ability to read 12 points and larger type is required.
- Must be able to hear adequately on the telephone with no more than an amplifier and be able to communicate English in both verbally and in writing.
Normal office environment. May view computer screens for long periods of time. Occasional evening or weekend work.
The job requires knowledge and ability to utilize a PC, calculator, multi-line telephone, and other related office equipment.
Has access to all patient medical records and patient financial accounts, personnel records and company financial records, which may be discussed with all management staff, including Governing Body.
- Equivalent experience to the Job description.
- Experience as a coordinator or office manager, in the health field preferably.
- Should be a skilled organizer able to manage office files, logbooks and staff schedules.
- Must possess the light secretarial skill and have a polite telephone demeanour.
- Proficient with all aspects of data entry in operating systems as applicable, and Microsoft Office Suite including but not limited to Microsoft Excel, Word, and Outlook.
- Must have a criminal background check.
Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience.
Preferably a certification from AAPC or MGMA.
Three (3) years of Medical Clinic’s management experience including billing & Collection required.
- Knowledge of clinic policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of medical terminology and insurance practices.
- Knowledge of computer programs and applications.
- Knowledge of grammar, spelling, and punctuation to communicate in written format.
- Knowledge of CPT and ICD-10 coding.
- Knowledge of managed care, Medicare, and Medicaid guidelines.
- Demonstrates organizational, written/composition skills, and verbal skills.
- Digital Proficiency is a must
- Demonstrates typing skills, filing skills, and word processing skills (Microsoft Office Suite including Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel, etc.)
- Demonstrates strong financial management skills.
- Skill in effective personnel management including training staff and delegating duties.
- Skill in troubleshooting insurance problems and appealing claims.
- Skill in maximizing insurance collections.
- Strong process and people leadership abilities.
- Ability to work effectively as a team member with physicians and other staff.
- Ability to flexibly respond to changing demands.
- Ability to plan, organize, prioritize and direct the work of others.
- Ability to identify claims problems and recommend solutions.
- Ability to sort and file materials correctly by alphabetic or numeric systems.
- Ability to interpret and understand insurance benefits and reimbursement.
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely.
May send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Or click this link to apply https://hire.withgoogle.com/public/jobs/konamedicalconsultingcom/view/P_AAAAAAGAAC-N5LDr94sT7z