Full-Time Organ Placement Coordinator 1
Primary responsibility is to direct the resources available to bring about successful placement of cadaveric kidneys and/or extra-renal organs for transplantation. Within established policies and protocols, participate in call rotation adhering to the protocol of communication with vascular transplant coordinator on call, as appropriate. This position maintains an ongoing open line of communication with the Manager, Recovery Services and the OPO Director.
- Coordinate appropriate resources for the successful placement of cadaveric kidneys and pancreata procured or received following established LifeLink and UNOS policies and protocols.
- Coordinate appropriate resources for the successful placement of renal and extra-renal imports. Handle all import offers referred to LifeLink either by UNOS or other OPOs, within established protocols.
- Responsible for notifying recipient surgeon of the import offers, communicating details of offer.
- Responsible for telephone communications with UNOS and the OPO regarding the recipient surgeon’s acceptance or declination of an offer.
- Responsible for arranging all transportation required to get offered organ to transplant centers. In the case of a ‘fly-out’, responsible for communicating all details to the surgical coordinator to handle case.
- Participate in the call schedule performing all duties and responsibilities including placement coordination and documentation and follow-up as appropriate.
- Establish positive relationships with various hospitals, transplant center and surgeon groups.
- RN and or healthcare related field preferred.
- Ability to handle multiple priorities effectively, meeting deadlines.
- Above average, demonstrated interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills.
To apply for this role, submit application at www.lifelinkfoundation.org/careers/