Full-Time Pedodontis/ Paediatric Dentist Senior Consultant – Grade 116
International Medical professionals are invited to apply for these exiting 3 year contract job opportunities in Qatar. Qatar’s national healthcare delivery system is rapidly developing. This group strives to lead in developing the national health system by operating new facilities, implementing state-of-the art technologies, and recruiting the best, most qualified international talent to care for Qatar’s future. Here, you will have the opportunity to team with the best and the brightest professionals in healthcare and to provide world class patient care service for the population. This medical group has one of the biggest workforces in Qatar, with more than 2 million people living and working in Qatar, this diverse and exciting organization has more than 90 different nationalities working to deliver the best care always to their patients and the Qatar community.
3 year Contract (Renewable)
Total monthly salary offered according to experience and qualifications of the candidate and paid in QAR.
- Consultant physicians can possibly earn a MAXIMUM amount of 62 505 QAR per month depending on discretion of employer.
- 62 505 QAR is +/- 292 959 Egyptian Pound, 722763825 IRR, 12 170 JOD, 25924571 LBP, 24 805 AUD, 23 131 CAD, 13 294 GBP, 15 317 EUR, 134748 HK, 17 165 USD, 165 013 SEK, 64 385 SAR, 114 439 DKK, 1207395 INR, 150168 NOK, 72957 RON, 1112620 RUB, 23503 SGD, 244 547 ZAR, 17 289 CHF per month.
- Monthly Basic Salary – From 20 000 QAR up to 37125 QAR (maximum)
- Market Allowance (up to 50 % of basic salary may be offered) – Will depend on % offered and basic salary amount offered.
- Monthly Professional Allowance (15% of basic salary & Not payable during any absences whether with or without pay except weekends and official holidays) – Will depend on basic salary offered.
- Monthly Transport Allowance – 1,250 QAR
Non-monetary benefits on top of the total monthly salary offered are:
- Annual leave per year – 50 Calendar days.
- Accommodation – Provided as appropriate to job title (and upon satisfaction of appropriate conditions for female candidates).
- Business-class return flight ticket For yourself and family (spouse and up to 3 children up to 18 years of age) for joining, annual leave and repatriation (and upon satisfaction of appropriate conditions).
- Conference entitlement of every year Upon completion of 18 months in service, for a maximum of 9 days (not debit able to annual leave entitlement)
- School Allowance – 21,000 QAR (maximum) per child per academic year up to 3 children (ages 5 years to 18 years of age provided they are under your sponsorship and they are studying in a private school in Doha), will be reimbursed upon submission of the appropriate receipts and will cover basic tuition fees only (and upon satisfaction of appropriate conditions).
The benefits outlined here are those that apply to most employees. Salary offer packages are determined by the employer. Global Medical Recruiting can assist the applicant with salary offer negotiations with the employer, but in the end the final salary package offered is at the sole discretion of the employer and not of Global Medical Recruiting.
FOR PROMOTION TO A SENIOR CONSULTANT THE DENTIST MUST WORK AT LEAST 6 YEARS AS A CONSULTANT.
Eligibility Criteria for Consultant Physicians:
CERTIFYING SPECIALIST AUTHORITIES CURRENTLY RECOGNIZED BY THE EMPLOYER FOR CONSULTANT DENTAL PHYSICIANS:
ARAB COUNTRIES: EGYPT/IRAN/JORDAN/LEBANON/SYRIA: Completion of a 3 years Specialty Master Program + 8 years experience OR Completion of a 3 years Specialty Master Program AND Membership of one of the Royal Colleges + 3 years experience
AUSTRALIA: Certificate of completion of a 3 years specialty training program leading to a Master of Dental Science (MDSc) Degree OR Doctor of Clinical Dentistry + 4 years experience
CANADA – Certificate of completion of a 3 to 4 years Specialty training program AND Canadian Board Certificate + 1 year experience
UK/ IRELAND/HONG KONG: Specialty Fellowship of Dental Surgery + 1 year experience OR Certificate of completion of a 3 year specialty training program AND Specialty Membership (MOrth, MPaedDent, MRD(Endo)/(Perio)/(Pros), MSurgDent.+ 3 years experience
USA – Certificate of completion of a 3 to 4 years Specialty training program AND American Board Certificate + 1 year experience
GERMANY – Fachzahnarzt Certificate + 4 years experience
SWEDEN – Certificate of completion of specialty training program AND Masters Degree in Sweden + 4 years experience
SAUDI-ARABIA – Saudi Specialty Certificate + 6 years experience.
PROGRAMS OF OTHER COUNTRIES NOT LISTED ABOVE ARE CONSIDERED ON INDIVIDUAL BASIS BY THE EMPLOYER. THE FOLLOWING IS APPROVED SPECIALITY CERTIFICATES ACCORDING TO QCHP REQUIREMENTS:
DENMARK: Specialty Certificate + 4 years experience
FRANCE: CES (certified d’etudes specialisces) OR DES certificate OR DIS (Diploma Interuniversitaies de Specialitie) + 4 years experience
INDIA: MDS (Master of Dental Surgery) + 4 years experience.
NETHERLANDS: Clinical Specialty Certificate + 4 years experience.
NORWAY: Certificate of Completion of Specialist training + 4 years experience.
ROMANIA: Specialty Certicate + 4 years experience.
RUSSIA: Specialty Certificate (clinical ordinatura) + 4 years experience.
SINGAPORE: MDS + 4 years experience.
SOUTH-AFRICA: Master in Clinical Dentistry (MClinDent) + 4 years experience.
SWITZERLAND: Clinical Masters Degree + 4 years experience
Valid Primary License AND should be eligible for license in the State of Qatar within the Supreme Council of Health.
The Senior Consultant is the most senior doctor (apart from the Department Chair and/or Section Head) who practices in a specific specialty and has oversight responsibility for his team of Consultants and junior doctors and manages other team members. The Senior Consultant is responsible for the care of all patients admitted under his name and for all the clinical decisions made by other doctors under his supervision.
Ability to relate well to others and use interpersonal skills to achieve desired objectives, recognizing the need to represent both the clinical work and the team.
In addition to providing high quality patient care (diagnose, treat, manage and admit patients under his name) as delineated by his clinical privileges, the Senior Consultant works closely with department chair and/or section head on management issues (such as service development, funding, budgets, and staffing), on the teaching and training of junior doctors, and on academic and research priorities.
In essence, the Senior Consultant is required to have professional clinical competence, leadership and management skills.
Research is a key and integral component to the Corporations Strategic aim to become an Academic Health System. The post holder must be able to contribute on delivering on delivering an integrated strategic vision and planning for Clinical, Research, Education and training which improves the quality of patient care.
The senior consultant is responsible for organizing, monitoring, and maintaining the clinical services provided within the department in order to achieve the highest possible level of patient care with optimum utilization of the available resources. Senior consultants are role models of physician leadership and management as well as application of medical expertise in the exemplary care of patients.
- Adheres to policies, guidelines, plans and programs.
- Performs all duties assigned to a consultant physician.
- Assumes direct responsibility for the patients under his/her medical attendance in the assigned unit.
- Conducts rounds and undertakes supervision of treatment of the inpatients as well as screening and examination of the outpatients.
- Undertakes supervisory responsibility for the medical staff within the unit and prepares regular reports on the activities of the unit for the department head / chairman.
- Participates in the various committees for the upgrading of services and organization of work within and outside the hospital.
- Participates in the planning and implementation of the department development plans and the different manpower training programs for the medical, technical and nursing staff.
- Participates in the planning and follow up of the medical education and research activities.
- Performs all relevant interventions related to his/her field of specialization.
- Participates in health education programs through orientation and scientific presentations.
- Participates in scheduling of on-call duties and provides on-call services.
- Participates in the assessment and updating of drug, medical supply and equipment needs.
- Writes, completes and approves medical reports for patients.
- Provides guidance and counsel to other departments when requested.
- Completes and maintains his set of clinical privileges
- Complies with Revalidation guidelines and standards
- Acquires SCH License to practice and maintains it while working.
- Performs other duties as assigned/directed by the chairperson / head of the department and approved by the Medical Director
- The specific details about roles and responsibilities related to each specialty can be found in their job plan which is maintained by the Department..
For more information about the position, follow the link: