Full-Time Physical Therapist
Title: Physical Therapist
City, State: Dowagiac, MI
Location: Borgess-Lee Memorial Hospital
Department: Physical Therapy 001
Additional Job Details: FT Days, 40 Hours Weekly
Evaluates and conducts medically prescribed physical therapy treatment programs.
- Performs initial and on-going assessments of patient’s condition.
- Establishes, revises and evaluates a plan of care which is appropriate to problems identified and involves the patient/family.
- Performs therapy interventions utilizing standard physical therapy techniques and skills as appropriate for the condition of the patient.
- Oversees activities of physical therapy assistants, students and other support personnel.
- Assists in supervision of Rehabilitation Assistants and the development of new programs, projects or processes.
- Administers department in absence of Director.
- Prepares material for educational workshops, lectures, and training events for the community.
- Provides or assists with in-service education and orientation of new and existing staff.
- The above is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements.
- Required Credential(s):
- Basic Life Support Basic Life Support (BLS) certification required within three (3) months of start date.
- Driver License Must have valid Michigan drivers license and vehicle to drive to nursing home as needed.
- Finger Printing Fingerprinting is required at start date.
- Physical Therapist Physical Therapy license required at start date.
- Ordinary Level
- Completion of an Accredited Physical Therapy program required at start date and Ability to carry out Physical Therapy treatment on patients groups of all ages required.
To apply for the position, please use a PC or the Google Chrome app on your smartphone and visit: