Full-Time Physical Therapist Assistant
OUR UNIQUE ROLE
We have a radical idea about our role in healthcare. The children in our community cannot be fixed. Because to be fixed, you must be broken. our kids and our families are not broken. They may be facing challenges; challenges that are real valid and effecting their life. We see that.
It IS our role to give children and families access to living happy, healthy, and well balanced lived. This access is created through developing the skills and giving the tools for living life.
It’s an access for their VOICE to be heard, their BODY to move, and to become INDEPENDENT.
The children and families who walk through our doors are not broken, they are perfectly imperfect humans and we believe this to our core.
It is our mission to create a community aligned in this vision;* to give children and families access to happy, healthy and well-balanced lives through removing barriers. Together, we grow minds, bodies, and spirits. *
TheraTree, LLC. is looking for an exemplary Physical Therapy Assistant to work with the pediatric population in the outpatient, school, and home settings in the Owensboro, KY area. The Physical Therapy Assistant implements occupational therapy programs and provides physical therapy treatments to clients to facilitate increased dependence and functioning, under the supervision of an Physical Therapist.
- Implements patient’s individualized treatment plan as established by the primary Physical Therapist.
- Works with other members of the team to develop programs and activities consistent with the needs and capabilities of each client.
- Instructs clients, families and other caregivers in the skills and techniques of the physical therapy treatment program under the supervision of the Physical Therapist.
- Maintains appropriate and timely documentation for all clients treated.
- Attends and contributes to required meetings as a representative of physical therapy, under the direction of the Physical Therapist.
- Ensures that clients and families receive the highest quality of service in a caring and compassionate atmosphere which recognizes the individuals’ needs and rights.
- Maintain client caseload schedule.
- Completes various paperwork, as required by insurance companies.
- Graduate of a Physical Therapy Assistant Program, accredited by CAPTE.
- Initial certification obtained from the Federation of State Boards of Physical Therapy.
- Must be licensed and/or eligible for licensure as required in the state of Kentucky.
- Must have and maintain current CPR and First Aid certifications
- Must maintain up to date Immunizations, including documentation of TB skin test.
- Ability to successfully complete the pre-employment background check process.
- Valid driver’s license
- Valid auto insurance
1.Mobility, standing, pushing, pulling, reaching, bending, walking, heavy lifting, fine hand coordination, ability to hear, ability to read and write, ability to detect odors, and ability to remain calm under stress.
2. Hearing (corrected) adequate for oral/aural communication with patients, staff, family, visitors, etc.
3. Vision (corrected) adequate for reading.
4. Intelligible speech, language, and cognitive skills.
5. Sitting, standing, and walking required throughout the day.
6. Job duties sometimes require climbing stairs, kneeling, twisting, bending; on occasion, crouching, crawling and reaching overhead.
7. Must be able to demonstrate any appropriate exercise and activities to patients / caregivers.
8. Work in a fast-paced clinical environment.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer offering the right candidate a unique opportunity to learn, grow, and remain passionate about working with pediatrics. We also offer a comprehensive benefits plans, include a retirement plan with employer match. Professional development opportunities and support also offered, in the applicable field to support our therapists in their continuing education and growth.
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their resume and cover letter.