Full-Time Principal Executive/Manager E – Medicaid Program Transformation Programs Manager
To be considered for this position you must complete an online application at: https://oregon.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/SOR_External_Career_Site/job/Salem–Summer-Street—OHA/Principal-Executive-Manager-E—Medicaid-Program-Transformation-Programs-Manager_REQ-15759
Are you highly knowledgeable of Medicaid Title XIX and XXI regulations and requirements? Have you worked with professional associations and community advocates? Do you have an extensive understanding of medical delivery systems?
The Oregon Health Authority (OHA), Health Systems Division (HSD) is currently seeking to hire a Health Program and Implementation Manager (Principal Executive Manager E). This position leads the design, policy development, implementation, and administration of programs under the Oregon Health Plan (OHP). It works closely with the state Medicaid director and deputy.
What you will do!
You will provide policy and operational leadership directing the development and implementation policies, procedures and program priorities to ensure access and quality health services through the FFS program.
You will lead a team of program analysts responsible for writing administrative rules and setting guidelines for the Medicaid program. You will also assign duties, train and supervise your team, and approve work outputs to ensure that Medicaid programs operate efficiently while adhering to federal and state regulations.
You will encounter frequent contact with various groups which include governmental executives, medical and social service providers. Often you will be speaking to large and small audiences such as members of the Legislature, providers or associations. Additionally, you will be interacting to sensitive and controversial issues.
You will rely heavily on your ability to function in stressful situation to meet workload demands and conflicting priorities with limited staff and resources. There are frequent interruptions and some travel required by this position.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
- Three years of management experience in a public or private organization OR two years of management experience AND 45-48 quarter hours/30-32 semester hours of graduate level coursework in management with:
- Development of program rules and policies
- Development of long- and short-range goals and plans
- Program evaluation
- Budget preparation;
OR three years of professional experience as a program/project leader assigning and reviewing work of professional staff (e.g., engineers, etc.) including project responsibility for developing goals and objectives, project evaluation, and monitoring and controlling or preparing a budget.
- Specific knowledge of Medicaid Title XIX and XXI regulations and program requirements;
- In-depth understanding of the medical service delivery system, billing practices and budgeting;
- Experience using medical expenditure and utilization data to manage, plan and evaluate the cost effectiveness, access and quality of medical programs;
- Executive level experience with Medicaid
- Experience with the administration of large (multi-million dollar) health/medical care programs;
- Experience working and partnering with professional associations and community advocates; and,
- Experience in advancing health equity, addressing systemic health disparities and collaborating with diverse, vulnerable and underrepresented populations.