Summary of Position
WMHI has an opening for a full-time, BC/BE Physician Psychiatrist for acute in-patient adult care. Preferred recent patient experience with psychiatric, addiction issues, and the ability to communicate effectively with internal and external contacts as well as interacting with community organizations.
- $25,000 sign-on bonus and relocation expenses covered!
- Public Service Loan Forgiveness
- Monday through Friday 8am-4:30pm work schedule
- No required call, weekend, or holiday coverage
- State Hybrid Pension Plan, 401K and 457 (Deferred Compensation)
- 11 paid Holidays, Annual Leave, Bereavement Leave, Military Leave, and Family Medical Leave
- Potential CME Leave
- Insurance is available including Health, Dental, Life, and Vision
- Professional privilege taxes and malpractice insurance is paid for by the Regional Mental Health Institute
- Flexible start dates
- Potential performance raises
- Optional overtime is available
- Ideal Work/Life Balance
- Low cost of living
- No state income tax
Western Mental Health Institute (WMHI) is Tennessee’s third largest State mental health hospital located in Bolivar Tennessee and has been serving 24 counties in West Tennessee since 1889. Hospitalizations are on a voluntary or involuntary basis, or patients can also be referred by the court system for pre-trial evaluations. The hospital offers 2 short-term care units, 4 long-term care units, and therapeutic treatment units for a total of 150 beds.
WMHI offers a culturally diverse setting, with excellent State of Tennessee benefits. Our Physician Psychiatrists practice as part of an interdisciplinary treatment team that makes a difference and provides top-notch, quality clinical care with minimal administrative requirements.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Proven experience in successfully initiating and sustaining multi-agency and multi-community policy, system, and environmental change strategies.
• A demonstrated working knowledge of persons with complex psychiatric and addiction issues and their families.
• Proven skills in networking among a diverse group of agencies and organizations.
• Effective communication skills, including written and public speaking, and adept at dealing with people at various levels within the organization, as well as, external stakeholders and leaders.
Education / Experience
• Adult Psychiatry Board Certified
• Four year’s Psychiatric residency training from an accredited program
• License to practice medicine in Tennessee
Benefits include: State Hybrid Pension Plan, 401K and 457 (Deferred Compensation), 11 paid Holidays, Annual, Bereavement, Military, Family Medical, Maternity, Sick Leave, Sick Leave Bank, Flexible Benefits. Insurance is available including Health, Dental, Life, and Vision. Professional privilege taxes and malpractice insurance is paid for by the RMHI.
Tennessee has no state income tax. Rich in history and tradition, Bolivar is a small rural town in West Tennessee. With close proximity to some of the state’s best venues for hunting, fishing, hiking, boating and more, Bolivar is a mecca for outdoor enthusiasts. Bolivar is within driving distance of Chickasaw State Park, Pickwick Landing State Park, Shiloh National Military Park, and all attractions in Memphis, TN. Don’t miss the Bolivar Historic District Walking Tour available year round. On top of all that, Bolivar offers a thriving historical district and strong neighborhoods.
Pre-employment criminal background check is required.
Pursuant to the State of Tennessee’s Workplace Discrimination and Harassment policy, the State is firmly committed to the principle of fair and equal employment opportunities for its citizens and strives to protect the rights and opportunities of all people to seek, obtain, and hold employment without being subjected to illegal discrimination and harassment in the workplace. It is the State’s policy to provide an environment free of discrimination and harassment of an individual because of that person’s race, color, national origin, age (40 and over), sex, pregnancy, religion, creed, disability, veteran’s status or any other category protected by state and/or federal civil rights laws.