Full-Time Recovery Support Medical Techs
RECOVERY SUPPORT MED TECHS
Recovery Support/Med Techs provide structure and support in the residential milieu for men, women and children being served by the
recovery center. Provide a wide range of interventions and support techniques to ensure smooth operations and a supportive living
environment for clients in residential treatment, including but not limited to assisting in the administration of medication, checking of vitals
and crisis intervention. Engage with residents in daily activities and provide recovery support for individuals and families receiving
1. Direct care of residents in a manner conducive to their safety and comfort.
2. Consult with other disciplines and related professional and paraprofessional staff to support specific needs of clients.
3. Maintain professionalism with clients and coworkers.
4. Assist with admission and orientation of new clients admitted to the facilities, including Rules of Residency and Health and Safety
5. With the Clinical Team, ensure clients comply with the requirements of the treatment program.
6. Facilitate Focus group with clients to discuss issues arising in residential environment.
7. Assist clients with self-administration of medication according to medical orders; create MAR and document.
8. Order and pick up client medications.
9. Transport clients to appointments when required.
10. Perform count of medications per established procedures.
11. Check client vitals and conduct BAC and urine drug screenings.
12. Conduct daily charting on all clients.
13. Perform rounds every 15-30 minutes on all shifts.
14. Perform bedroom checks.
15. Monitor client chores and laundry according to daily schedule.
16. Ensure oversight of linens and other program supplies.
17. Coordinate with Med Tech Supervisor to inventory and order medical and other programmatic supplies as needed.
18. Maintain confidentiality in accordance with State and Federal law and perform duties in accordance with SFRC Code of Ethics and
Policies and Procedures.
19. Understand and maintain HIPAA and 42CFR Part 2 confidentiality standards relative to SFRC.
20. Provide coordination, availability and full participation in all aspects of any programmatic review, survey, site visits and/or program
21. Perform and/or coordinate other special assignments and tasks as required by Med Tech Supervisor.
22. Be willing to work in an environment supporting mothers and infants and young children.
1. Skill in preparing, maintaining and overseeing client records.
2. Ability to react calmly and effectively in emergency or crisis situations.
3. Ability to maintain health and safety and infection control standards.
4. Computer experience, knowledge of or demonstrated ability to learn MS Office and electronic medical records system (EMR-Bear).
5. Ability to solve unexpected problems as they arise while considering liability, precedence, programmatic implications and other
possible future impacts on the program, services or organization.
6. Ability to maintain effective working relationships with all levels within the organization and with external stakeholders.
7. Ability to exercise tact, patience and discretion when dealing with residents, families, staff and the public.
8. Ability to relate with understanding and kindness to residents and their families.
9. Ability to keep observations, conversations and information confidential.
Register and apply at excelstaff.com
Call a Recruiter Today