Full-Time Registered Nurse
This position will be based at a new Detox facility in Gallup, NM.
The anticipated start date will be around December 1, 2020.
Under the direction of the Medical Director, the Nurse is responsible for medical care of clients within the Detox, Residential and/or Extended
Treatment Programs. This includes the direct provision of medical care to clients and triage/coordination for clients who must be seen by the physician.
The Nurse serves as a member of the program interdisciplinary team and works collaboratively with other members to problem solve and ensure quality
client care and overall program operations. The Nurse works to strengthen facility integrity by ensuring the medical policies, procedures and systems
are adhered to and in compliance with applicable State & Federal regulatory requirements.
Med Techs, MA’s, EMT’s, Paramedics
1. Works with the Medical Director and ancillary staff to coordinate new clients’ medical care.
2. Performs nursing assessment for all newly admitted clients.
3. Follows up with medical care for clients during their stay within the residential program, including medical emergencies.
4. Assists ancillary staff with after hour client needs on an on-call basis.
5. Assists case management staff to provide and coordinate referrals for clients to medical services not provided.
6. Works with members of interdisciplinary teams to create and maintain a therapeutic and safe environment for clients that maximizes quality of care and
productivity for Med-Tech staff.
7. Participates with interdisciplinary team in planning, organization, implementation, and oversight of assignments pertaining to clients, including but not
limited to admission and discharge procedures, use of treatment modalities and models of care.
8. Oversees medical operations in the different residential programs and ensures high quality of client care; includes program development that focuses on
the principles of recovery and resiliency, evidence-based and promising practices, and community/culturally defined standards.
9. Reviews and oversees residential client files as related to medical services being provided.
10. Participates in coordination and implementation of all training activities for medical staff within the residential program assigned.
11. Participates in regular supervision and case consultation sessions with medical staff within the residential program assigned.
12. Remains continuously informed of current information on co-occurring mental health and substance use disorder treatment approaches.
13. Attends seminars and workshops as necessary to ensure compliance and fidelity with new and existing evidence-based modalities and treatment
approaches utilized by SFRC.
14. Understands and maintains HIPAA and 42CFR Part 2 confidentiality standards relative to facility.
15. Maintains confidentiality in accordance with State and Federal law, the counseling code of ethics and policies and procedures.
16. Performs other related duties as required by Medical Director and other Leadership Team members.
The Nurse has direct oversight responsibility for all medical services provided within the residential treatment program assigned. The Nurse must:
1. Work closely with interdisciplinary staff to develop individualized client care plans. Plans are developed to maximize quality of care, staff productivity
and a balanced medical practice management approach.
2. Provide ongoing, documented medical direction to the Med-Tech staff through coaching, mentoring and strength-based support.
3. Ensure that electronic medical records, including individual medical information and required billing documentation, are recorded and conducted in
compliance with all ethical and legal standards.
4. Maintain a system of staff communication that ensures access and open dialogue; provide consultation, education and training to clients and staff when
requested and as needed.
• Effective oral and written communications skills with clients and staff.
• Computer experience, knowledge of or demonstrated ability to learn Access, Word, and electronic medical records (EMR-Bear).
• Ability to solve unexpected problems as they arise while considering liability, precedence, programmatic implications and other possible
future impacts on the program, services, or organization.
• Demonstrated ability to plan, organize and direct medical care within the residential program assigned.
• Ability to maintain effective working relationships with all levels within the organization and with external stakeholders.
Register and apply at excelstaff.com
Call a Recruiter Today