Full-Time Charge Nurse
Texas Health Surgery Center is currently seeking an Operating Room Charge Nurse in Dallas, TX
At Texas Health Surgery Center Dallas, we put Clinical First™. We are proud to offer quality care, specialized equipment, and advanced technology in a safe, family-friendly environment. Our clinical professionals strive to be among the best providers in the healthcare industry.
This position is accountable and responsible for planning, organizing, managing and coordinating the operations and nursing staff for assigned areas in the surgery center. Ensure patient needs are met in accordance with instructions of physician and facility administrative procedures. Coordinates activities routinely as appropriate with the Director of Nursing, Medical Director and the Quality Committee(s).
- Effectively organizes time, equipment, supplies, and personnel.
- Uses equipment effectively by anticipating patient needs and providing appropriate care.
- Confirms that proper techniques and procedures are used according to accepted Standards of Practice and organizational policies and procedures.
- Assists with the ordering, receiving, and storage of supplies.
- Maintains order and cleanliness of the intra-operative area.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintains surgical services as assigned, in accordance with written policies and in compliance with various regulatory and accrediting agencies and is responsible for quality patient care.
- Assists with the development and monitoring of the standards of assigned areas pertaining to the operating room, sterilization and decontamination, and corresponding ancillary areas.
- Responsible for efficient and effective patient care and quality improvement.
- Helps in determining goals for assigned area and effectively manages resources to achieve the goals.
- Maintains a collegial relationship with physicians to ensure quality patient care.
- At the direction of the Director of Nursing, maintains an adequate inventory for assigned area, including but not limited to, equipment and supplies.
- Assists in recruitment, selection, training, supervision, and retention of operating room/corresponding ancillary area employees.
- Assists with staffing assigned area and performing daily operational processes.
- Responsible for fostering an environment that promotes staff growth and development.
- Supervises and adheres to Surgery Center policies, procedures, and safety programs.
- Exhibits competency in performing all functions of assigned area or duties.
- Responsible for other functions as assigned by the Director of Nursing and/or the Administrator.
Education – Required
- High School graduate or GED certificate recipient
- Graduate of accredited school of nursing
- Current licensure in the State of (insert state) as a Registered Nurse
- Must be current in BCLS
- ACLS/PALS certification within six months of hire date (applicable to scope of service)