Full-Time Registered Nurse (RN) – Antepartum
Registered Nurse (RN) – High Risk Antepartum
San Diego, CA
Relax on the beach on your days off! Come work in the Perinatal Special Care Unit at the Naval Medical Center in sunny San Diego!
- Minimum of two (2) years of experience within the last three (3) years of caring for high risk
- antepartum/postpartum patients and complex newborns.
- Minimum of intermediate training in Fetal Heart Monitoring within the last two (2) years.
- Associates or Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing from a Nursing Program accredited by the Accreditation
- Commission for Education in Nursing (ACEN).
- Must be licensed to perform nursing in one of the 50 states or territories.
- Basic Life Support (BLS) Certification.
- Possess and maintain certification in neonatal resuscitation provider (NRP).
- Must be a US Citizen.
Position Duties and Responsibilities:
This role provides nursing services in support of the Naval Medical Center San Diego (NMCSD)
in its labor and delivery unit.
- Provide nursing care to routine as well as high-risk obstetrical patients including newborns during the
- transition period based on relevant specialty care standards.
- Operate, monitor and troubleshoot specialty equipment along with performing checks and maintaining
- appropriate logs of medical equipment.
- Administer medications and IV therapy as well as managing complex central and peripheral intravenous
- lines and infusions.
- Provide recovery care for post-anesthesia patients and monitor patient responses to medications,
- procedures, and treatments.
- Participate in formal patient education, address the learning needs of patients and their families to
- individualize each plan of care to meet specific patient needs.
Potomac Healthcare Solutions offers the following benefits:
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Employer Paid – Basic Life, AD&D and STD
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- 10 Federal Holidays
- Paid Time Off