Full-Time RN Psychiatric
Please find below Job # 163170
Job Type: Permanent Full Time
Job Name: RN Psychiatric
Salary From: $45,000.00 to $73,000.00
Facility Address: Freeport, IL 61032
Number of Positions: 3 (Max Submission per job 6)
Shift: 2 roles are 7p-7a, 1 role is 3p-3a
Minimum Years of Experience: 1 year
State License Details: Upon Acceptance
Strong behavioral health services are extremely important for the health of our community. Our Client FHN Family Counseling Center is proud to offer services ranging from support for new parents to individual and group therapy, substance abuse prevention and education and crisis services.
FHN Family Counseling celebrated 50 years of serving the community in 2018 and are committed to continually improving access to and the effectiveness of our services in 2020.
Some of the services we offer include:
Behavioral health assessment and treatment planning, Individual therapy, Family/marital/couples therapy, Psychiatric services, Group therapy, Psychological assessment, Crisis Services, Psychosocial Rehabilitation, Substance Abuse Prevention and Education, Case management/community support services, Beyond Words Pet Therapy Program
Provide competent outpatient mental health assessment and treatment to individuals, families, and groups regarding biopsychosocial concerns. Develops and implements a treatment plan to address presenting problems. Provide clinical supervision to interns and sign off on their clinical hours.
Delivers professional nursing care to patients and their families utilizing the nursing process in conjunction with evidence based practice, using holistic approach. Displays a commitment to excellent customer service, critical thinking, technical and interpersonal skills to achieve optimal patient outcomes. Incorporates a positive team approach to serve as a liaison between physician office and other members of the healthcare team, along with participation in process committees. Key public relations position which may involve patient’s compliments and concerns.
- Direct care of patients: rooming, vitals, injections, education, walk-in/emergent patient needs.
- Caseload Management—maintain prior authorizations, manages medication refill workflows, treatment planning, maintains hospital discharge documentation, maintains patient assistance program patients, maintains medication consents and agreements, maintains OurFHN workload for patient and psychiatric team needs, and reconciles prescriber orders. Able to make corrections to documentation errors in order to be able to bill for the service. Timely completion of documentation for billable services.
- Phone Triage—handle Ad-Lib psychiatric medication requests, emergency phone calls, pharmaceutical representative requests.
- Maintain Medication Room—log incoming and outgoing medications, pharmacy assistance medications, work with FHN pharmacy technician to verify accuracy of count.
- Order supplies, work on Joint Commission, Infection Control and Patient Safety committees.
- Indirectly supervises medical support team by managing schedules, clinical processes and workflows, and medical support team.
Education: Associates Degree in Nursing with BSN preferred, and completion upon hire of the following courses through the FHN Healthcare CE Center:
o Clinical Supervision, Group: Psychiatric Nursing
o Care of the Psychiatric Patient
o Definition and History of Psychiatric Nursing
- 1-2 years of experience preferred
- Knowledge of injection techniques
- Knowledge of psychotropic medications and side effects
- Knowledge of psychiatric disorders/symptoms (children and adults)
- Knowledge of the Joint Commission
- Ability to utilize electronic medical record system and supporting programs
- Ability to deescalate situations (CAST training to Level 4)
- Ability to delegate and prioritize daily tasks and patient needs
- Interdepartmental collaboration
- Knowledge of insurance and available programs to assist patient needs
- General patient medical assessment—vital signs
- Psychiatric specific assessments—AIMS, CIWA, Crisis
- Management of staff needs
- Current Registered Nurse Licensure in the state of Illinois
IDC Technologies, Inc
Cell Number – 408-596-7361
Empowering Technologies Services
Remote Services | IT Services | BPO |
IT Consulting | Staffing Solutions |