Part-Time School Nurse Assistant
Job Posting #1920-03
Position: School Nurse Assistant – Bernice Vossbeck Elementary
- Current Licensed Practical Nurse License or Washington State Registered Nurse
- Experience in assessing the medical needs of children
- Current First Aid/CPR card
- Must be able to communicate effectively with parents, students, and staff
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality
- This position involves assisting medically fragile students and students with special health care needs to integrate safely and successfully into the school environment
- Works under the supervision and direction of the School District Registered Nurse
- Available for all injuries and accidents on an on-call basis and maintains a record of same
- Dispenses medication when needed at school with signed consent from physician and parent
- Maintains Care Plans for special needs/fragile students
- PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- May require prolonged standing, sitting, walking, lifting
- Exposure to student-carried diseases, noise levels, and assisting students with health needs
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
Work Year: 2019-20 school year; 180 days plus 5 extra days per year
Hours: 6 hours per day; Monday through Friday; 8:45 a.m. to 3:15 p.m.
Starting Date: Approximately August 23, 2019
Salary: Depending on license and experience
Current employees: Please use Skyward-Employee Access to view and apply for online positions. Contact the Human Resources Department if you need assistance with access to Skyward.
All other applicants, including substitutes: Application details are found on the District website: www.lynden.wednet.edu.
Fingerprinting must be done as a requirement of your employment with the Lynden School District at the prospective employee’s expense. Direct deposit of pay is required of all employees.