Full-Time Site Medical Director
APLA Health’s mission is to achieve health care equity and promote well-being for the LGBT and other underserved communities and people living with and affected by HIV. We are a nonprofit, federally qualified health center serving more than 14,000 people annually. We provide 20 different services from 15 locations throughout Los Angeles County, including: medical, dental, and behavioral health care; PrEP counseling and management; health education and HIV prevention; and STD screening and treatment. For people living with HIV, we offer housing support; benefits counseling; home health care; and the Vance North Necessities of Life Program food pantries; among several other critically needed services. Additionally, we are leaders in advocating for policy and legislation that positively impacts the LGBT and HIV communities, provide capacity-building assistance to health departments across the country, and conduct community-based research on issues affecting the communities we serve. For more information, please visit us at aplahealth.org.
APLA Health is currently seeking a Site Medical Director to join our Baldwin Hills team! We offer great benefits, competitive pay, and great working environment!
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance (no cost for employee)
- Vision Insurance (no cost for employee)
- Long Term Disability
- Group Term Life and AD&D Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- 10 Paid Holidays
- 3 Personal Days
- 20 Vacation Days
- 12 Sick Days
- Metro reimbursement or free parking
- Employer Matched 403b Retirement Plan
This is a great opportunity to make a difference!
Site Medical Director (90016)
Under the direction of the APLA Health Medical Director, provides administrative oversight of the medical components of the Gleicher/Chen Health Center (GCHC) including Utilization Management, and Quality Improvement. The Gleicher/Chen Health Centers’ Medical Director plans and directs all aspects of the health centers’ medical policies and programs. Although the Gleicher/Chen Health Center will serve anyone within our scope, the mission of APLA Health is to serve low income members of the LGBTQ Community as well as persons living with and affected by HIV. The Site Medical Director will also ensure that the Gleicher/Chen Health Center operates in a manner consistent with the community standards of medical practices.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- In conjunction with the APLA Health Medical Director, and other senior management, responsible for full compliance with FQHC grant requirements.
- Plans, directs, supervises, coordinates and evaluates all medical activities at Gleicher/Chen Health Center.
- Works under the medical director and in collaboration with the APLA Health Nursing Director, Quality/Compliance/Risk/UM Department and other clinical staff to develop, establish and implement clinical protocols, clinical policies and procedures and quality assurance/improvement plans.
- Works in collaboration with other clinic leaders (may include the clinic director, nursing leadership, medical assistant leadership and others) to promote effective clinic processes
- Directly supervises, coordinates and evaluates the work performed by the clinical medical staff. Represents the medical provider staff of GCHC to APLA Health senior management.
- Delivers primary care medical services, including, but not limited to, management of all medical problems and health maintenance within the scope of an adult primary care physician.
- Delivers HIV medical services in collaboration with HIV specialists also working at GCHC.
- Delivers expert sexual health services (medical HIV prevention and sexually transmitted infection treatment)
- Orders, interprets, and evaluates diagnostic tests to identify and assess patient’s clinical problems and health care needs.
- Records all findings and formulates an assessment based on the patient’s condition.
- Establishes treatment plans, administers, furnishes, or recommends medications.
- Participates in establishing and implementing standards of medical service and advises APLA Medical Director on medical and administrative questions and policies as they relate to medical practices.
- Investigates new medical procedures and techniques.
- Assures the development of an annual quality assurance plan that includes documentation of quality indicators and sound program assessment methodologies.
- Directs and implements quality assurance assessments.
- Assures the integrity of electronic medical records in accordance with state and federal laws governing the creation, retention, and destruction of medical records related to client care.
- Oversees professional development (CME, etc.) for medical providers at the Gleicher/Chen Health Center.
- Develops and monitors the clinical portion of the GCHC budget.
- Assumes primary responsibility for building the primary care client base.
- This will position will consist of approximately 80% direct patient care and 20% administrative tasks.
OTHER DUTIES MAY BE ASSIGNED TO MEET BUSINESS NEEDS.
Training and Experience:
Possession of a Doctor of Medicine (M.D. or D.O.) Degree and a valid license to practice medicine issued by the California Medical Board with no pending or previous disciplinary action from any state licensing entity. Must have board certification or eligibility in a primary care specialty (Internal Medicine or Family Medicine); current DEA license, ACLS and BLS certification. Clinical experience in a Federally Qualified Health Center (FQHC) with progressively responsible experience in management, coordination, planning and evaluation required. Experience in medical administration, utilization review and quality management. Experience implementing meaningful use (Promoting Interoperability) indicators; familiarity with requirements and processes to maintain PCMH Certification. Experience working with electronic health records, preferably eClinicalWorks, required. Must be eligible to participate in Medicare, Medi-Cal, F-PACT and other federal health programs. Provider must possess a National Provider Identifier number. On-call duties by telephone are required.
Board certification in internal medicine or family practice; experience with a panel of continuity patients as a primary care clinician; knowledge of the pathogenesis, transmission, treatment, epidemiology, and prevention of STDs/HIV; ability to make expert diagnoses and interpretations; cultural competence in dealing with racially, ethnically, culturally and sexually diverse populations including LGBTQ persons; excellent oral and written communication skills; and knowledge of Microsoft Office.
WORKING CONDITIONS/PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
This is primarily an office position that requires only occasional bending, reaching, stooping, lifting and moving of office materials weighing 25 pounds or less. The position requires daily use of a personal computer and requires entering, viewing, and revising text and graphics on the computer terminal and on paper. Some local travel/driving required.
Must possess a valid California driver’s license; proof of auto liability insurance; and have the use of a personal vehicle for work related purposes.
Equal Opportunity Employer: minority/female/disability/veteran.
Visit our website at www.aplahealth.org to apply or click the link below: