Full-Time Site Project Manager, Liberia
Growing and well-respected biomedical (clinical, basic and applied) research firm has openings in West Africa. If you are passionate about research, and are looking for a firm that shares your passion, and provides competitive salaries with a strong benefits package, apply to join the ClinicalRM team!
We are currently seeking a Site Manager in Liberia.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop and provide leadership to site team members related to ongoing research projects.
- Assist with scheduling project team meetings with the site. Assess project issues, propose resolutions to the project team, project and program managers.
- Manage the day to day operational aspects of the project(s) in your project portfolio.
- Assist in the development of project schedule, budget(s), presentations and briefings, project management plan and other project-related documentation in coordination with the US-based project manager.
- Assist with management of project tracking and performance efforts:
- Track and anticipate risks associated with the project developing and implementing risk mitigation and action plans; communicating risks and actions back to the US.
- Conduct regular status meetings with the site team, reviewing project schedule, risks, issues and outstanding action items. Disseminate appropriate project information to all site team members on a regular basis
- Contribute to the Lessons Learned Report, with inputs from site team members, at the completion of major project milestones.
6. Provide weekly status reports and other documents as requested to the Project and Program Managers.
7. Serve as a liaison to government officials and regulatory bodies at the national, regional and local levels. Liaise and maintain good relationships with all stakeholders for the project.
8. Ensure compliance with all applicable corporate policies and standards.
9. Assist and maintain on the ground logistics for supplies and personnel.
10. Maintain a safe workplace ensuring that he/she is aware of and observes appropriate safety and occupational health rules and regulations.
11. Perform light duties and other related duties as required and assigned.
- BA/BS in a scientific field
- Must show demonstrated leadership and management skills.
- Must have international experience, preferably in Sub-Saharan Africa, and understand and respect cultural differences and sensitivities.
- Possess the ability to organize, instruct and supervise staff, while promoting group effort and achievement.
- Demonstrated ability to manage conflicts and resolve problems effectively.
- Ability to identify issues, track progress, and follow through on actions to meet customer satisfaction.
- Skilled in communicating issues, impacts, and corrective actions to varying levels of corporate personnel and customer leadership personnel.
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills, organizational skills and a great attention to detail are required. This individual must be able to work as a member of a team and possess good problem solving skills.
- Experience with MS Office including Access, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Project.
- Possess knowledge of the Good Clinical Practice (GCP) guidelines and Good Laboratory Practice (GLP), biosafety procedures associated with laboratory work and specimen handling.
- Must possess knowledge of applicable highly complex scientific/office procedures and techniques relating to position.
- Ability and willingness to travel.
- Must be able to work independently following a brief period of specific technical training.
Candidates must meet all stated minimum criteria to be considered for this opportunity. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, or national origin. Candidates for positions under ClinicalRM’s contracts with Federal or State agencies will be required to pass one or more background/security investigations conducted by the DoD, U.S. Army, or other Federal Government agency. Such investigations may include criminal records and credit history checks.