Full-Time Special Procedures Technologist
Title: Special Procedures Technologist
Client: Memorial Health UMC Savannah
Location: Savannah, Georgia
SHIFT: Full-time, Days (rotating weekends)
The position will be either 5 – 8 hour shifts or 4- 10 hour shifts Mon-Fri, days.
Compensation: $24.62-$34.47 per hr.; relocation assistance available on a case-by-case basis, sign-on up to $5,000 for qualified candidate with a 2 yr. commitment.
Memorial Health University Medical Center (MHUMC) is a 612-bed hospital in Savannah, Georgia. We opened our doors in 1955 and have evolved into the most advanced healthcare provider in the region. We are a regional referral center for heart care, cancer care, trauma care, children’s care, high-risk pregnancies, and high-risk newborn care. Our hospital includes the region’s only Level 1 trauma center, the region’s only children’s hospital, and the Savannah campus of Mercer University School of Medicine. Memorial Health proudly serves 35 counties across southeast Georgia and southern South Carolina.
We are searching for a Special Procedures Technologist for a full-time, days, with rotating weekends, position, responsible for high quality radiological procedures (diagnostic and interventional) with minimal risk to the patient and team members according to the departmental protocol and to perform procedures safely, economically according to hospital, departmental policy and procedures, with the ability to perform life saving techniques.
- Scrub in and assist the physician in the diagnostic or interventional procedure.
- Prep and circulate within the procedure room and procure all equipment needed for given procedure
- Assess the patient for factors that may indicate or contraindicate the procedure, such as medications, insufficient patient preparation or artifacts etc..
- Verify clinical information according to departmental policies (Red Rules, Time out)
- Demonstrate a thorough understanding and working knowledge of normal anatomy, abnormal anatomy, and physiology, radiation safety, interventional supplies and equipment operation.
- Recognize and resolve equipment operations, problems, and discrepancies, anticipate patient needs and concerns and determine the appropriate care needed.
- Administer intravascular contrast media and medication according to protocol.
- Archives images to data storage devices according to established guidelines and practice radiation protection for themselves, patients, and others.
- Use professional judgment and critical thinking when performing procedures.
- Documents diagnostic and interventional treatment and patient data in the appropriate records. Documentation must be timely, accurate, concise and complete.
Education, License and Certification Requirements
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent
- Radiologic Technology Training Program that is an approved ARRT program
- Must have passed boards or registry for ARRT or credentialed by RCIS; ACLS within six months of hire.
- One year experience as a Radiographer or RCIS.
- One year experience as a special procedures or Angio tech preferred.
- Must have AART certification
- Must have acute care experience
- Reports to the Dir. Cardiac Cath Lab
- Willing to cross-train
EP Experience required. High acuity, SP or Procedural experience in an acute care facility experience highly preferred, IR experience a plus
IT TECHNICAL RECRUITER
Consulting & Staffing