Temporary Summer camp Nurse
Concept: The residential camp nurse is a responsible member of the C&R team, providing a quality camp experience for every camper:
Accountability: Residential Camp Nurse report to the Camp Director.
- Responsible to administer medication as directed by the camper’s physician
- Administer Basic First Aid to all campers and staff as needed.
- Must be available during all Camp Sessions to attend all on/off camp activities
- Responsible to organize and maintain meds for each camper during activities
- Review each assigned camper application prior to the start of the respite and fully complete the camper observation form at the end of each respite.
- Communicate with parents / guardians at camper Check-in to obtain as much health information as possible about the camper.
- Ensure the Camp Director is made aware of all matters relating to campers safety and well-being.
- Assist campers to participate fully in the Camp program.
- Promote camper independence by providing care, support and choice options.
- Adhere to and support all camp policies and procedures as detailed in the staff manual.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Camp Director
- Must be licensed as a nurse in PA
- Must demonstrate the ability to work with teens and adults with special needs
- Must be able to stay overnight in the camp cabins for training week and while the camp is in session.
- Ability to lift up to fifty pounds and/or assist with transferred of consumers
- Ability to relate well to children and adults, fellow staff, volunteers, PEEC staff, care providers and parents of campers.
- Commitment to maintaining high professional standards/ethics in the workplace.