Full-Time Temporary/Relief RN
About You: As a nurse, you are the staple of the American healthcare system. You work tirelessly day in and day out to ensure each patient you encounter receives the absolute best care possible!
About Us: Our company understands how important you are and we work equally as hard to ensure that you have a position that is specifically suited to your needs and expertise. By joining our team you will have an opportunity to continue your career working in various areas of patient care for a company that truly understands, values, and respects what you do.
Job Description: Duties and responsibilities shall include but are not limited to:
- Plan and implement nursing care including the administration of medication, therapeutic agents, treatments and disease prevention, orders by the physician, and obtain specimens for diagnostic testing;
- Participate as a member of the Interdisciplinary team in developing multidisciplinary treatment efforts; assist physicians with medical or minor surgical procedures, and prepare records and other reports;
- Provide observation, ongoing patient/youth assessments, and therapeutic intervention consistent with the patient/youth physical and psychological status; evaluate the effectiveness of patient/youth treatment regimens and record progress;
- Document all nursing activities in medical records, including an initial nursing assessment, treatment interventions, and patient/youth education; and
- Ensure a safe therapeutic environment for the patient/youth and staff; maintain order, and supervise the conduct of patient/youth.
- Twelve (12) continuous months of experience within the last three (3) years performing services similar in scope to those defined herein in a public or private institution. An internship does not count toward the required experience. Clinical competencies must be current.
- Specialty Services: In addition to the above requirements, Temporary/Relief RN’s that are requested to work in a specialized area such as Specialty Services, Emergency Department, Inpatient Care and Obstetrics shall also have at least one (1) year of experience within the last three (3) years providing patient care within that setting and possess any required certificates. Clinical competencies must be current and provided to the Institution/Facility prior to the Temporary/Relief RN’s being assigned
- Temporary/Relief RN’s providing services to the CDCR must be proficient in the English language and be able to communicate effectively with the CDCR/CCHCS.
- All Temporary/Relief RN’s must be able to speak, understand oral and written communication and write effectively in the English language.
**Any Temporary/Relief RN who fails to meet the minimum qualifications shall not be permitted to perform services.**