Full-Time Case Manager – Mobile Crisis Intervention – Wenatchee – Onsite
You can do the work you love, be your authentic self, and make an impact in the lives of thousands. We believe in a culture rooted in community, collaboration, and growth. As an agency we are inspired by our Mission of bringing hope to life, especially those most in need.
Location: Wenatchee, Washington
Wage Range: $22 – $27
Discretionary quarterly bonuses of $500
Medical, dental, life, flexible spending, EAP, retirement & vol benefits including vision, ltd, life insurance, critical illness, injury accident & ID theft protection. 13 paid holidays, 12 days of vacation, 8 sick days. Bereavement leave, education assistance program. Discretionary longevity award of 1.5% of annual salary starting after 5 years of service.
Under the direction of the Associate Director- Transitional Health and Crisis Mobile Intervention, the Crisis Case Manager provides Case Management, Stabilization and resolution services to individuals presenting with acute Mental Health distress/disturbance and facilitate clinical continuity for emergency services and other various clinical services as needed. Immediate crisis services may be provided in the office or in a community based location, regardless of the program to which the individual is assigned, including Outpatient, Stabilization, Jail, Supportive Housing Services, or PACT.
Provides direct case management services to chronically mentally ill adults and children and their families.
- Assists with engagement in mental health services and provides assistance in securing Medicaid, if indicated.
- Provides case management and therapeutic services, including education, linkage and referrals to individuals who meet RSN access to care criteria.
- Staffs the Chelan Douglas Crisis Line during office hours.
- Completes progress notes and other required documentation within the required timeframes.
- Supports implementation of the treatment plan focusing on client strengths and risk factors. Including evidence based approached utilizing the following treatment models:
- Illness Management & Recovery (IMR).
- Motivational Interviewing
- Crisis Prevention Intervention
- Institute for Suicideology skills on Crisis Intervention
Provides services to achieve the goals identified on the treatment plan
- Crisis intervention
- Assisting with applying for benefits
- Assisting with activities of daily living
- Psychosocial support
- Service coordination with other providers, including health care professionals
- Providing linkage to establish connections with other community resources.
- Accessing community resources
- Meetings with individual and/or family members
- Obtaining housing or assisting with housing retention
- Establishes and maintains working relationships with community resources, coordinates consumer treatment with other providers, and initiates referrals to medical providers and other community resources as appropriate.
- Review open crisis clients in Avatar and assign follow-up
- Review ProtoCall reports from evenings/weekends and ensure follow-up.
Assists clients in linking with critical community and therapeutic based services to facilitate and sustain recovery
- Assists client with transportation issues to and from various appointments
- Assists individuals with individual needs identified on treatment plan
- Attends psychiatric or medical appointments with clients as indicated.
Perform other duties as assigned
- Follows agency policies regarding confidentiality and other consumer rights.
- Represents the agency in a professional manner within the community.
- Works well with professionals from other agencies.
- Participates in supervision and staff meetings, multi-disciplinary team meetings, group supervision and other meetings as required.
- Attends court hearings as indicated and testifies on behalf of individuals served if necessary.
Performs other duties as assigned.
- Support cases assigned to hospital liaison
The following requirements are those that are normally required for performance of this position. Any disabled applicant or incumbent who does not meet or more of the physical requirements, but who can perform the essential function of the job (with or without reasonable accommodations) shall be deemed to meet these requirements.
This position normally requires that physical demands of standing, walking, bending, lifting or performing other work requiring low physical exertion, talking and hearing on a regular basis to perform the job requirements. These physical demands are required up to 80% of the time. Position also requires ability to drive with adequate vision and skill.
- Bachelor Degree in Behavioral Sciences or Social Work preferred
- Associates Degree in Behavioral Sciences, Required
- Experience maybe in lieu of formal education
- 2 years experience in direct Clinical Treatment Services
- At least 1 years experience in the treatment of seriously disturbed children, adults, and their families
- Knowledge and skills to work with chronically mentally ill population
- Knowledge of community resources
- Knowledge and experience working with older adults
- Bilingual English/Spanish preferred, but not required
- Strong family and individual clinical case management skills
- Possess and utilize effective verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to be self-motivated, work independently and as a team member
- Ability to represent the agency in a professional manner within the community
- Culturally competent in delivering services to individuals from distinct backgrounds
Ability to use a computer and to write effectively
- Possesses ability to manage data
- Requires the ability to work flexible hours, including evenings and weekend as requested
- Requires extensive travel in the community
- Requires work in clients homes and other community locations
- Requires the ability to tolerate exposure to tobacco smoke, domestic animals, household pets and other conditions common to a variety of home environments
Licensure, Registration, Certification
- Valid Washington State drivers license and agency minimum required liability insurance
- Agency Affiliated Counselor Registration
Employment is conditional upon:
- Being cleared by criminal background check and fingerprinting when required